He couldn't take it- a different perspective

I actually want to write this in everyone's perspective so let's try Tony right now :)

Trigger Warning

Tony Stark never thought he would be a father, it just never came to his mind. And then somehow, he was the father of two, Harley and Morgan Stark.

But Tony never, ever imagined someone would treat him like their father when he wasn't. But Peter Parker had a way of changing him, and his family, for the better, without Tony ever figuring it out.

Peter Parker was Spider-Man, a superhero on the streets of New York that seemed powerful but couldn't reach his potential. And then Tony offered his assistance, thinking not of what would happen. And while helping Peter, Tony found yet another son.

But Tony couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong the day Peter just went off the grid from him. Peter didn't call or text, and he hadn't gone to school that day. Spider-Man wasn't seen either, making Tony even more sure something happened.

So, Tony told Steve and Harley he was going to go see what had happened and he did. He went to Peter and his aunt's apartment, looking for the vigilante.

"Hey, Underoos? Are you here? Are you here, May?" Tony called stepping out of his Iron Man suit, looking around the apartment. It looked the same as it always did, nothing out of place. All the rooms were dark except one, the bathroom door.

Tony walked over, knocking on it slowly. "Hey? Pete, you in there? Is your Aunt in there? Are you sick or something? Do you need help?"

But all Tony heard from the door was th sound of sobbing. Tony slowly opened the door, looking at the floor. But all Tony saw on the floor was alcohol bottles and vials of empty medicine. Tony opened the door wider, scared of what he would see.

And scared he was.

Peter was standing on a chair, clutching the sides of a rope tied to the ceiling by webbing. Peter stared wide eyes at Tony as he started shaking his head, the sobs still coming. "No, no, no. You weren't supposed to be here..."

"Hey, hey, Pete, why - Why are you doing this?" Tony said cautiously putting his hands out, fear swirling around in his stomach like a shark in water.

"Why can't I die, Mr. Stark? Why did she die, and not me? Why can't it be me for once?" Peter said, shaking his head, his hands shaking around the rope.

"Peter, can I come to you? Is that okay?" Tony said quietly, slowly moving forwards to not startle Peter into doing it. Tony could see the blood running down Peter's wrists, and smell the alcohol from where he was beside the door. It was sickening, even more when Tony realized why he saw and smell those things.

"Why can't it be me?" Is all Peter responded with, slowly sinking into the chair, letting go of the rope. Peter started sobbing into his hands, making Tony's stomach twist. He moved forwards, wrapping his arms around the shaking child.

"Can you tell me what happened, Peter?" Tony asked quietly, but Peter was stuck in a trance of asking why. Soon those questions turned into pleads for forgiveness.

"Hey, Peter, whatever happened, it wasn't your fault, okay?" Tony tried to reassure the fragile child in his arms who stopped  crying for a moment to look up at Tony.

"We were both shot, Mr. Stark. But I lived, and she died. Why can't I ever be the one to die? Why does everyone I love have to die? Where am I going to go now?" Peter asked shaking his head as the memories came into his head about the event. "There was only half an inch between me and death. Half an inch."

Tony thought about what Peter said and came to a terrifying conclusion. Jim and his aunt were shot, and May had died. And Peter had been so close to dying himself. "Oh, Pete, I'm so sorry. But you know you can stay with me at the Tower?"

"I don't want to be a burden," Peter said quietly, looking down at his wrists which had healed in the conversation. The alcohol and medicine had probably already gone though his stomach, his metabolism a curse more than a blessing in any situation.

"Peter, I don't know if you know this, but I love you. And Morgan, Steve, Harley? They love you just as much as me. And if anything as big as this, or something little happens, you can come to one of us," Tony said lifting Peter's chin so he was forced to look at Tony. "Let's go to the tower."

And even though Peter started sobbing again, and trying to fight against Tony, the man of iron was able to take Peter to the tower, bringing him to his room and sitting with him until he fell asleep.

And that's how Peter got adopted.