Redemption

"You say I make you nervous, a tragedy. I'm a beautiful disaster, a reckoning. You wonder how I got this way," Peter sand charging at Tony, deflecting the first beam with his sword.

"You think I'm someone to be saved. Someone to clean up, and tame. Some things never change," Peter sang, knowing about all the times Tony wanted Peter to be a hero greater than who he was, how Tony always thought Peter needed to be saved. "Never change."

"You think I would look greatly, by your side." Peter said sliding to the side of Tony, trying to slam his sword into Tony's side, only to have Iron Man blast forwards. "Once you cover up my bruises, and battle scars."

"But it always ends the same. Can't bear the things I've had to face," Peter said flashing through memories, the dark ones that shaped him into wanting to be a hero, the ones that happened because Peter was a hero.

"Got you crying on your knees in pain. Oh, some things never change," Peter said, hitting Tony in the head with his sword, making Tony yelp in pain as he hit his knees. Peter leaned down to whisper something in Tony's ear. "Never change."

"You'd break your back to make me feel again!" Peter called slammed the hilt of his sword in Tony's back, watching the armor crumble to the ground.

"Suffocate to make me breathe again!" Peter sang pulling off the mask that protected Tony's face. Tony stared into the dead eyes of Peter, his own eyes widened in fear and guilt. Peter just smiled coldly.

"Lose your mind from endless praying. Somethings never change. Never change!" Peter sang, trying to tell Tony that he wasn't going to change, because some things never do. "Redemption never came..."

"I stopped asking for forgiveness, cause you should know only fools tread where the angels fear to go," Peter said, trying to explain that if the angels weren't saving Earth, what made the Avengers any more likely to do so?

Tony stood up, engaging in a battle with Peter, only to find that Peter was backing away with every new move, yet his smile remained unwavering. "Keep trying to get to close."

"Saved myself by turning into stone." A flash, one so quick that most wouldn't see it, but it was there. Peter's eyes returned to normal, just a split second of it, but enough for Tony to know that a part of Peter was still good. But that part was also saying it didn't want freedom. "Save your judgement because you don't know! But somethings never change. Never change..."

But his eyes were back to their cold black, his smile no more human than the shadows that crept on the walls. "You say I should feel guilty, and change my ways. Leaving crumpled bodies in my wake."

"Swear I didn't mean to make them break," Another flash, the good part of Peter was begging for something. It wasn't forgiveness, it was for understanding. For Tony to understand why Peter was doing what he was. But Tony didn't understand.

Back to black. "But they're so delicate, it's so mundane. And they keep coming like a moth to a flame. Oh, somethings never change. Never change."

Peter attacked Tony again, bring him to the ground. Shadows started to creep up to them, holding Tony down, his face pressed to the side so he could see Clint and Natasha fighting their restraints.

"You'd break your back to make me feel again! Suffocate to make me breathe again! Lose your mind from endless praying! Somethings never change! Never change!" Peter sang walking towards Tony, anger in his strides. Drawing his sword at Tony's neck, slowly digging in making blood leak out. "Redemption never came."