Bucky

There are certain days at Avengers tower. Days were Natasha, Bucky, or Bruce would just be angry or sorrowful and they just didn't want anyone around them. They wanted the entire world to leave them alone.

The other Avengers had these sorts of days as well, for various reasons, but they all had worked out some sort of strategy to overcome the emotions quicker and more efficiently. But with these three, there wasn't a way to fix it easily.

Today was one of those days. Bucky just snapped, old memories of HYDRA getting into his head and making him feel guilty. He told Steve, who told everyone else, that today was one of those days for him, so he was left alone.

Bucky went to the rooftop, sitting on the edge, dangling his feet. He wasn't suicidal, wasn't planning on doing that, but he liked to come here to think and watch the city go from morning to night. It forced him to feel the guilt, to let it pass.

That day at around lunchtime, the elevator opened to reveal a young teenager, no doubt one of Tony's interns. He had a mop of brown curls on his head and the brightest doe brown eyes Bucky had ever seen. The boy had a small smile on his face,his arms holding a tray. On the tray was two sandwiches, a cookie, and two glasses of cold milk.

The boy didn't say a word, instead sitting beside Bucky with the tray inbetween them. The teenager grabbed one of the sandwiches and started eating it, still silent.

"Look, kid, I want to be alone-"

"No, you don't," The teen interrupted, his voice quiet and distant. "You never want to be alone. But you're scared. Not of your past, but of your future."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Bucky said rather aggressively, but he still grabbed a sandwich and ate it along with the teenager. The sandwich was just peanut butter and bread, but Bucky didn't mind.

"You aren't scared of what you were, you came to peace with that. But you're scared you're become it again. So you stay away from those you love, claiming you just want alone time. But you don't want to be alone, you want someone to tell you that no matter what, they'll always be by your side," The teenager said, not missing a beat or reacting towards the aggression in the slightest.

Bucky didn't say anything, not wanting to admit that these boy was right. Bucky didn't want to be alone, but what could he do? He was the Winter Soldier for almost 70 years. It wouldn't take much time for that muscle memory to kick in. 

"But they don't have to say that. The people in that tower? They already love you, and they care about you. And you may be scared, but let me tell you the last thing my Mom said to me. 'It's okay be scared, but it's not okay to let that fear take away the love'," The teenager said raising the up the milk to drink it all.

"And how in the world do you know so much about this? You're just an intern!" Bucky said eating the cookie by breaking it apart into chunks.

"If I was just an intern, how would I know what to say to get you back in the tower?" The teenager raised an eyebrow, getting up with the tray to take away, leaving Bucky and his cookie.

Bucky shook his head, standing up to back into the tower. He actually felt a lot better, talking to someone that didn't mind his aggressive tendencies or his past. Maybe that teenager was more than an intern. Maybe. "Hey, kid, what's your name?"

The teenager smiled, saying the words right as the elevator closed. "I'm Peter Parker, Mr. James Barnes."

How?