Again

Okay, before we start, let me tell you one thing I hate. When an author is really awesome at their one shots or their doing a parts thing and then the next five chapters are just tags and "oh wow 100 people are reading this!!" Like please stop. I was reading that book for the one shots, not whatever the heck the world is doing. This is why I don't get tagged haha.

Anyways, on to the story:

****

"Again," The Captain said to Peter. The young boy was training again in the gym with Natasha and his drill sergeant, Steve. But it wasn't as fun or even as enlightening as Peter would have you believe.

"Right," Peter mumbled, fighting yet another bot. He was tired and sore, and his stomach wouldn't shut up about it's hunger. Peter knew he should be paying attention somewhat to that, but he couldn't bring himself when Natasha was criticizing him and Steve kept yelling at him.

"No! Just stop," Natasha said, an angry type of disappointment evident on her face. Peter did was she said and stopped fighting, as did the bot who was programmed with the command word of "stop".

"Peter, do 100 pushups and when you're done with that, go do the punching bag. After that, we'll call you when you can come up," Steve said before they turned to leave.

Peter audibly sighed but he did the task anyways. Peter knew he would hate tomorrow if his muscles were this sore now, but he couldn't exactly argue back. So, Peter did the tasks, ignored the pain, and just hoped to impress someone.

Peter was so lost in thought, he got done with his pushups fairly quickly. So he went to wrap his hands, and started fighting the punching bag.

Each punch was the physical version of Peter's frustrations, anxiety, and his hope. All the late nights he spent working on his web fluid to impress Bruce and Tony. All the books he had read to impress Wanda and Vision. All the extra training sessions Peter had done to impress Steve and Natasha. And all those grades he had kept at perfect 100s just to impress his dead family.

But they were never impressed.

Maybe Peter was just side garbage to them. A task just to keep the busy but not interested. Maybe Peter really was a menace, not just to New York. Maybe Peter was nothing more than a soldier in their little army.

With a scream of rage, sadness, pain, guilt, innocence, and sheer force, Peter slammed his fist into the punching bag watching it fly across the room. And it was a pretty big room, mind you.

Peter bit his lip to stop from crying. He wasn't the only person in the world with pain, he knew that. But knowing that fact didn't make his pain any less.... well, painful. But Avengers don't cry. So Peter didn't.

Peter picked up the punching bag, happy it wasn't broken, and put it back on the hook. And then Peter continued punching, his stomach retracting in revenge. Peter bit down the bile rising in his throat, and just continued.

Again

Again

Again

Again

Again

Again.

"Sir, it is currently midnight," FRIDAY spoke up. Peter didn't have time to think about the fact they had forgotten him, because Pete kept fighting, through the sweat, through the pale skin, through the bitter stomach, through the pain, through the sore muscles, through the light headedness.

Again

Again

Again

Again

"Sir, it is 3 AM, I highly suggest you go to bed," FRIDAY said, sounding worried if that was possible. But FRIDAY knew better than all the Avengers what Peter had been through, she saw everything in the tower, she saw things Peter wrote, what he mumbles, and she could see what happened in his eyes.

"Not... until... they come and get me, FRIDAY," Peter said through clenched teeth. He didn't want to get in trouble. This was probably just a test to see how long he could last. About now he had lasted 12 hours of workouts, and maybe 8 hours of the punching bag.

Just do it again.

Again

Again

Again

Again

"Sir, it is currently 5 AM. You can't keep going without a break," FRIDAY said, really trying to get Peter to stop. But he wouldn't. He couldn't. He wasn't.

And at 8 AM, Natasha and Steve came downstairs laughing at some joke Tony had said behind them. Peter heard them coming, but he didn't stop. 13 hours of unrested punching bag action.

"Peter? Why are you here so early," Natasha said annoyed.

Peter didn't answer, instead looking down at his feet. But FRIDAY wasn't having that. "Sir Peter has been in here for 13 hours doing your rather stupid punching bag. Even when I tried to get him to rest, he wouldn't. You do understand Peter is 15 years old, correct? You do realize he is the smartest of his class, Midtown Tech? You do realize, he is an or-"

"Stop it!" Peter yelled at the AI before she said that last part. He didn't want FRIDAY to talk at all but she did.

"No, FRIDAY, continue," Tony said his curiosity running wild. Why didn't Peter want FRIDAY to finish? But Natasha and Steve's thoughts were elsewhere. Of course they knew Peter was 15, but they didn't realize it till right now. And he was here all night?

"That Peter has been an orphan since he was 5. And now he is nothing more than an a solider in your little army," FRIDAY finished. But Peter left then. They had no right into his personal life, FRIDAY didn't have any rights to it either. He had tried so hard to keep that a secret, but that cat was out of its bag.

-- To be Continued--