Red In My Ledger

Peter looked at his hands, unclenching them from the fists he had left them in since his encounter with someone. Blood coated the fabric of his suit, a lot more blood than the usual amounts. And this wasn't Peter's blood, not a single drop.

The elevator doors slid open, revealing the Avengers Tower's main floor where the actual Avengers hung out inbetween missions. Peter pulled off his mask, clenching it in his fist as he walked across the ground, taking in sharp breaths.

"Pete!" Someone called out. Yet they were loud enough for Peter to identify who they were, much less pay any attention to the person. Peter just kept on walking, kept on breathing.

"Peter!" Tony yelled standing in front of the teen. Peter looked up, Peter's eyes reaching into Tony's soul through his eyes. Tony stepped back, taking in the full force of Peter's anger. But Tony didn't move out of the way, instead staying locked in the staring contest he had with the spider.

"I'm not hungry," Peter finally said, stepping around Tony to go up the stairs. But Tony grabbed Peter's arm, stopping him from going anywhere. What Tony didn't expect was that Peter would use his strength to get away from Tony's hold, resulting in Tony being knocked onto the ground.

"Hey! That's enough," Natasha said watching the scene unfold. Peter just stared at Tony a while longer before going upstairs to his room. Natasha helped Tony up, them both staring at the stairs curious as to what led to Peter's actions.

Peter, upstairs, wasn't angry. He wanted to break something, but it wasn't out of anger. It was a different emotion, one that Peter couldn't name. It was a mixture of guilt, anger, with touches of sadness and maybe even sorrow. But Peter couldn't tell you the name of the emotion.

Peter sat down on his bed, taking in a deep breath. He changed out of his bloody Spider-Man suit, but he put the mask on. He jumped out the window, swinging away. Peter didn't know where, just that he was swinging.

Peter landed on a rooftop. He pulled his mask off, sitting at the edge of it. Peter looked down, seeing the blood splattered around. The memories of the day were still fresh on his mind, as fresh as the blood was.

Peter had seen Skip. The older man was just sitting in the alleyway, doing some illegal drugs. Peter should have just webbed the older man up, take him to the police along with the drugs. But no, Spider-Man beat Skip up until he was unrecognizable. Then Peter called the police saying someone was doing illegal drugs. And then Peter went to the tower.

Peter started shaking, and he didn't know why until he was felt the warm tears pounding on his hands. Someone wrapped their arms around Peter, holding him close. Peter knew it was Tony, but Peter made no attempt to get closer or away.

"I have some red in my ledger, Mr. Stark," Peter finally said. It was a term that the Avengers seldom used, only saying it in situations that were bad. Only saying it when they did something that they shouldn't have done.

"Then, let's clear it," Tony said, not questioning anything. Peter was grateful for that, but he still wanted to tell Tony. And he did. Peter told him about what Skip had done to him, Peter told him about what Peter had done to Skip.

"I'm sorry, buddy," Tony said, leading Peter away. Tony wasn't sure what to say. But he still wrapped his arm around Peter as they walked away, going to the shelter to clear Peter's conscious.