Duplicate

The thing about people, is that you can't duplicate them. No matter how hard you try, you can't fully capture someone. Not in a story, not in a movie, not in AI.

But it's much harder when that person was real. When that person had a great impact on your life. Because people like that are hard to find, harder to keep, and impossible to duplicate.

The Avengers had no idea how much Peter had affected them. They had treated him unfairly, even cruelly at times, but he was always ready to help them.

The book club Wanda and Vision had was there to help them fell smart. And Peter always did that. At first, they thought the challenges he brought up were there to make them look stupid, but it was always there to get them to think harder, and smarter, about problems.

Clint and Rhodney played video games to get away from the stress of life. And Peter was always there with a joke to lighten the mood, to make them forget about the struggles of their lives.

Bucky and Steve missed the lives they were forced out of. That era of time was something they held close to their hearts, so when Peter went out of his way to bring in tidbits of the past, it made them feel like they belonged in this new, evolved time.

Bruce and Tony used the lab to solve problems they knew existed in the world. And Peter did exactly that, always building and reworking to help solve life's issues. Always trying to make life better, for everyone.

Natasha and Bucky didn't know the kind of help they were getting. Peter always knew what to say or do to deal with their emotions from the past. Peter always fixed them right up, better than anyone else.

Thor wasn't actually sure why the man of spiders left, he wasn't responsible for the things that had happened. But he sure did miss the buzzing soul that reminded him of a younger Loki. And Peter always helped him understand Midgard, and let Thor tell him about Asgard when he was homesick.

FRIDAY went out of her way to ignore the Avengers. Usually she would mess up their questions. Make the water super hot or cold during showers, burn the food, clog the toilet, cancel orders for books and equipment, crash the technology, and even make the power go out.

The Avengers couldn't duplicate Peter. There wasn't a way to do that. Peter was Peter. A miraculous soul who deserved the world, but was given a list of orders from them.

Peter was an original.

To Be Continued