Traitor

"Traitors."

The voice was quiet, more like a growl than an actual word, but every Avenger heard it. They turned to face the angry gaze of one of the people that they held close to their hearts. The person with voice had his fists clenched tight as he stared in to the hurt eyes of Steve Rodgers with his own cold, unwavering eyes.

"All of you. Straight up traitors. Who broke their promises because of something stupid. You tore apart this team for something stupid," Peter asked looking at his Papa, or the person that used to be his Papa. Peter no longer thought that way, not after the fights that had happened.

"Peter, the situation was a lot more difficult than that-" Steve tried, the knowledge of his son's hatred towards him breaking his heart with more and more force.

"No, I've seen the looks and the snarky remarks you all have given my dad. You act like he was the one in the wrong, but maybe that's because you're too selfish to admit that you we're the wrong ones," Peter said standing in front of his father, Tony, who was facing the Rogue Avengers by himself. Tony didn't say anything, still in shock about what was happening. Peter wasn't one for confrontation, and he absolutely hated doing things like this. But here Peter was, doing everything he never thought he would do.

"Heroes make an oath, an unspoken one that says they protect the helpless, they bring goodness to the world, they are the light for those stuck in darkness. They are the embodiment of justice and honor," Peter continued. "And you have all failed that oath. You have brought nothing but pain and sorrow to the world, almost killed your allies, lied and cheated to get here, to this moment, where you blame someone else for your own mistakes instead of manning up to them. That's not a hero, that's a petty coward."

Peter walked forwards, making the Avengers dart back. But Peter grabbed onto the shirt of Steve, seeming taller than Mr. America in that moment. "Your a petty coward, Steve, you're a traitor."

That's what shattered Steve's heart, hearing his own son call him by his first name. Steve always felt in his heart that he would always be Papa to Peter, but those dreams went down the drain quickly.

"My dad is no coward or a traitor. He was a hero who wanted the people to feel safe. The Accords weren't just their to control you, it was to hold you responsible for your mistakes and let the people know that if someone they cared about died, the murderer would be punished respectively. But Captain America over here doesn't want to believe that he is nothing but a coward. Nothing but a murderer. Nothing but a traitor, " Peter said, letting go to walk away, his eyes held high as anger fueled his sight, leaving the Avengers in shock.

"When you decide to man up to your mistakes, when you decide you'd rather be a hero, go apologize to Tony then," Peter said turning around as he gripped the side of the door. "But please know that I will never, ever be able to forgive the man who left my father to die, because that man will always be a traitor."