You Can't Prank Peter

**Panic attack and thermoregulation issues**

Peter Parker was calmly sleeping on the couch when Sam and Bucky got an idea. They picked up Peter and put him in the closet. The light wasn't working, but Sam and Bucky thought it would be funny.

Peter woke up and looked around. It was dark and Peter couldn't see the walls. Peter snapped up to his feet, only to find he was in a small room. Peter felt his breath quicken as he started pounding on the door. "I can't breathe! Help!"

Peter started to crash into the items in the closet causing a lot of noise. Sam and Bucky started laughing as they went to check on Peter. When the door opened, Peter jumped on top of Sam screaming about someone named Toomes.

Bucky picked Peter off of Sam and Peter kept thrashing in protest. Tears streamed down his eyes as his breath stopped coming.

Tony walked out of the elevator with Steve, and instantly saw Peter. Tony came over and started telling Peter to breathe. Peter tried to do as Tony said, and eventually he started breathing and crying. "What happened, Underoos?"

"I-I was back there. With Toomes. Under the building. I couldn't breathe. I could barely see," Peter said wiping his eyes. "I woke up in the closet, I guess, and thought I was back there. I thought Sam was Toomes. Sorry, Sam."

"Pete, I think you had a panic attack," Tony said. The others looked confused as to what Peter was saying. Who was Toomes? And what did he do to Peter?

Peter nodded and said we was going to take another nap. Tony sighed and then explained how Toomes dropped a building on Peter resulting in Peter being catastrophic. Sam and Bucky apologized, and Tony just said they didn't know.

***

Peter walked into the kitchen, freezing cold. It was the middle of winter, and the Avengers didn't have the heat on. Peter, being part spider, couldn't thermoregulate like his family. But it wasn't so bad. He just stayed in his blankets back upstairs. Peter didn't bring his blankets downstairs though, so he was actually shaking.

Clint had the bucket of ice water ready for the next person to step out of the kitchen. Clint had to keep himself from laughing, so he didn't give his position away. When Peter walked out of the kitchen, Clint threw the ice and cold water bucket at Peter.

Peter felt extra cold. Peter felt numb. Peter saw himself crash into the ground.

Clint saw Peter crash onto the ground, his skin bone white and his lips a brilliant blue. Peter twitched in the arms and legs, but otherwise remained motionless.

Bruce was walking to the kitchen when he saw Peter and Clint. Bruce started to put things together from Peter being dripping wet and the bucket Clint was holding. Then, Bruce remembered something about spiders. They couldn't thermoregulate. 

"Clint! Help me get him to the Medical room!" Bruce called and they lifted Peter and took him away. Clint wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but Peter didn't look any sort of good.

Bruce covered Peter in blankets and turned the heater on to high. Bruce started explaining his realization to a guilty Clint as Bruce did a check up on Peter. Soon Peter's lips were back to the red they were supposed to be. Bruce and Clint left Peter in the warm room as they went upstairs to explain what had happened.

***

Tony had called a house meeting to all the Avengers, including Peter. The Avengers had no clue what this was going to be about. Then Tony said, "It's come to my attention that you people like to prank Peter. That would be fine if it didn't result in panic attacks and near death experiences. So, no more pranking Peter!"