What's it like?

Tony Stark wanted to scream and shout against his captors as they slide the metal down. It was probably 15 inches thick of steel and cement. Nearly impossible to penetrate, and harder to get sound through.

Tony sighed as he started working on the metal cuffs that kept him confined to one wall. It was very dark and dusty, but Tony's arc reactor supplied enough light to do tasks close to his chest.

"Psss... Over here," A hoarse voice whispered from the part of the wall just above where the chain met the wall. Tony looked over to see one brick missing. In that brick was the face of a young boy with doe brown eyes and dusty brown hair. The boy had dirt and bruises clinging to his face, making it impossible to tell his age without him telling you.

"What's it like?"

"What do you mean?" Tony asked confused as to wait the person meant. Did he work for HYDRA? Or was he a prisoner like Tony? How long was the boy here for?

"Outside. What's it like outside? What does everything look like? And smell like? And what do you hear?" the boy said with an excitement in his doe brown eyes.

Tony's heart broke. When was the last time this kid had been outside? Did HYDRA use special lights to give him his vitamins from the sun? How long had this kid truly been there?

"Well, uh... There's a gold sun. It's big and warm and it lights everything up. The sky, where the sun is located at, is huge. Infinite sometimes. It's a rich, deep blue. Then there's the grass, which is short and green. The trees have trunks of brown with leaves of pure, mesmerizing green," Tony spoke closing his eyes, so he could imagine it.

"One day, I hope I'll get to see it," The boy sighed dreamily as he closed his eyes to picture what Tony spoke of. He'd never met someone so nice they were willing to tell him about what it was like. Usually, HYDRA put in mean people who would scream at Peter, as if the teen was the source of their problems.

"Kid, when my team comes to rescue me, I promise you. I swear to you. That I'll take you outside for an entire day," Tony said, meaning ever word he said. Tony never knew someone who's wants were so basic and pure. Just to go outside. That was something Tony took for granted.

"Really!?" The kid's eyes lit up as he started rapidly talking. Tony learned a few things, like how his name was Peter Parker, he was fifteen, he didn't remember a life before the cell, how HYDRA gave him spider genetics. Soon Tony started talking about his life, it being much longer since he actually had a life.

Over the course of the next few days, Tony couldn't deny that Peter had grown on him. The bubbling excitement of someone in so much pain just warmed his heart. But something about Peter, he didn't know what it was, but that thing made Peter like a son to Tony. And Peter saw Tony as a father figure.

After awhile, the gates of Tony's cell slammed open as a roar was heard from the other side. Tony stood up getting ready for the Hulk to come smashing through. When he did, Tony said a thanks as Steve unlocked his cuffs.

Hitting his reactor, it only took a few seconds for the suit to come to him. Tony repulsed the wall behind them, the wall creating dust. The small, fragile body of Peter looked wide eyed at the older man in metal.

Tony picked Peter up and flew through the fights. Tony and Peter were to weak to fight, so it seemed logical to get out of the way.

Coming outside, Tony stopped a few feet above the ground, a hundred feet from the base or so. Tony sat Peter onto the ground were the boy looked around, taking in every detail he could.

The outdoors was something Peter had only dreamed of up until that point. It was beautiful, and wonderful, and just so bright and colorful. Peter wanted to stay there forever, but Tony led him back to the helicarrair.

Bruce checked out Peter, who kept rambling about how nice the outdoors was to Tony. The older man just smiled at the teen, making the Avengers look at them.

"It was just perfect, Mr. Stark. All this years of dreaming about it, and it's finally come true. My one wish just here, and all thanks to you and your team!"

"Wait, wait, wait. Has this kid never been outside?" Clint said waving his hands to stop the teen from continuing.

"I've only seen it in the ripped pictures of books HYDRA gave me. I rarely saw the full picture, but I used to rip out the part that was left and keep it in a small box. HYDRA burned that box though, and I've never gotten a book since," Peter said his eyes fading into the past.

The Avengers gave each other looks. How had someone never been outside before? HYDRA wasn't that evil, was it? Tortured and malnourished, and that kids one wish was to go outside?

"Yeah. They put him under special lights to give him vitamins. He's never actually seen anything other than his cell," Tony sighed sadly.

"But that's all changing today, right? Are you going to keep your promise, Mr. Stark?" Peter asked, confusing everyone else.

"Yep. One full day of the outdoors, but only after you get healthy again," Tony eyed the boy who just smiled brightly.