Phone Calls

Peter sat in his class, his gaze finding it's way through the glass of a nearby window. The outside world was so bright and cheerful it almost felt wrong. Of course, being inside on a beautiful day like this was definitely wrong.

What snapped Peter back to attention was a familiar ringer. It was some stupid song him and Mr. Stark made about Iron Man to the theme of what Peter called, the Spider-Man theme song.

All eyes looked at him as a blush settled onto his cheeks like a tomato of a vine. The teacher let out a sigh as he made his way to Mr. Parker. "You know the rules, hand it over or answer it on speaker phone."

Taking one look at the caller ID, and Peter knew he was in deep, deep trouble. Peter let in one big breath as he answered the call from one Nick Fury, because, like Happy said, you can't ghost Nick Fury.

"Mr. Parker, I trust you are on a secure line," The man on the other side said. Because Nicky Fury was a lot of things, but stupid was very much not one of them. He needed to trust Peter, but this sorts of issues required complete and utter secrecy.

Of course, Tony Stark did not follow the same rules. That meant when he came on, all secrets came out like a raging river that only had Peter hoping he didn't get stuck in the whitewater.

"Underoos, they're everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. I think Clint is unconscious, but I can't go see. Wanda is probably passed out, too, from all that magic use.- Gah! Where are this blasted things coming from!- Anyways, I need you here now. If you don't come, I'm pretty sure the Avengers are good as dead," Tony said in a rapid fire that had Peter's classmates gasping and panicking.

"I'm coming, Mr. Stark. I'll be there as fast as I can," Peter said pulling something from his backpack. It was a red disc with a black spider just creeping out of the edges. Slamming it against his chest, a suit of red and blue came out faster than you can say "spider!" .

Peter, or Spider-Man as the epic reveal just made clear, through a comms set at Ned and one at MJ. Spider-Man opened the window, swinging out leaving his stuff, including his phone.

"Stark! How do we know that was a secure line! He was probably at school, you-" but the teacher hit the "End Call" button before he lost his job.

"Um... so, uh... William Shakespeare wrote the play of Romeo and Juliet. Who can tell me why?" The teacher said hoping to forget the recent events. Unfortunately, the class was to busy surrounding Ned and MJ to care out what he said at that point.