Abuse

Trigger Warning- Abuse, violence, panic attacks, alcoholism - Trigger Warning

When Aunt May had found out about Peter being Spider-Man, Peter's life took a plunge in Hel. May started to hit Peter along with verbally abusing him. She took away meals, so Peter's healing factor wasn't working all that well. The only time Peter was allowed out of the apartment was school on weekdays and the internship on Saturdays.

Peter loved Saturdays because the Avengers would always feed him. He loved it when Natasha called him "baby spider" and when Tony ruffled his hair. He loved playing video games with Clint and Rhodney, and he would usually help Steve and Bucky with their projects of coming into the 21st century.

Or he did. Then, May started giving him doubts that they wanted him there. Peter, being naive as he was, started to believe her and his visits upstairs were frequent at best. He normally stayed in the lab with Tony and occasionally Bruce. But even with them two, Peter became reserved and less chatty.

Now, a few red flags were being raised for the Avengers. Peter was always such a chatterbox who would still sometimes fanboy over them. Now, he didn't even like being touched or called any nicknames. Or at least he flinched whenever someone did that.

One day, Tony got Peter talking like he used to. Although, Peter was more slowly talking, constantly checking Tony's position in the room, and he was hesitant to say most stuff. Even with that, Tony was enjoying hearing Peter chatter again. But it only prompted Tony to figure out what was going on.

"You know, Kiddo-"

"Can you stop calling me 'kiddo'? Or any nickname? Can you call me Peter?" The teenager said looking down to avoid the hurt his mentor displayed. Why didn't Peter want to be called one of Tony's amazing nicknames?

"... Anyways, uh... Peter, Steve and Wanda are making your favorite for dinner. You could stay over and we could all watch a movie afterwards," Tony offered.

Peter sighed and mumbled something under his breath. Peter looked at his watch, and his eyes bugged out. He started muttering profanities as he got all his stuff together. One thing he forgot as he bolted out the door, was his journal. It laid at the table, still opened.

Tony, being curious, looked through the journal and was sickened by what he read. It started by describing the abuse of the day, then it was Peter questioning his own self worth, and the last part was of Peter saying some fact he learned.

Tony went down to the living room and handed Wanda the journal. Wanda, being confused, started reading out loud the page Tony had put it on.

"Dear Peter,

How's life? Is it better than this Hell we've found ourselves in? Because if I thought the crooks of New York gave me a beating, they should run from Aunt May.
I had to learn how to do stitches, it was so bad. I think I did well on the stitches, but I may have to ask Dr. Strange. Of course, he'll turn me away like the freak I am.
May started asking about the Tower. I was excited to tell her, but she did something weird. She counted how many words I had said. After I was finished, she hit me that many times with her belt. Now I know I shouldn't talk as much... Or at all. Aunt May said nobody cared. Maybe she's right... But even if the Avengers don't care, I like believing a lie better than facing my reality.
Anyways, I gotta go. First time this week I'm being fed, so I can't miss it!
Love, Peter."

If there was ever a room more deadly... it just doesn't exist. And when there's a room with super soldiers, assassins, and even a witch, anger isn't what you want directed at you. Wanda flipped around till she came to the first page. But on other pages she saw tear and blood stains.

"Peter,
It's me. I think I'm having a panic attack. Aunt May through me in the closet and I found this. This is distracting me. Uh... I think I'll just doodle... I'm glad I found this. I don't want to be back under there..."

At that Wanda was confused, but Tony knew what that meant. After saying a cuss word the man left in his iron man suit. Landing at the foot of the apartment building, Tony walked through it all in his suit. Tony went straight up to the apartment Peter lived in.

"Where is he, May?" Tony said just walking in. The woman had a bottle to her lips and eyes pinned at the TV.

"I don't know. Maybe at his friend's house," May shrugged, not really caring at all. May turned up the TV and drank the bottle in her hand.

Tony was about to leave when a loud crashing noise came from in the house. May and Tony looked at each other before Tony ran inside the apartment, with May failing at stopping him.

Opening the closet door, Tony was met with the a disturbing sight. Peter was breathing hard as sweat and tears poured down his pale skin. Peter was clawing at the sides of the closet that was covered with spoltches of dried blood. Peter looked at the sight at the door before jumping up in Tony's arms where his sobs came at full force.

"Cap?" Tony said hugging the boy tight. He shot daggers at May who stood with a slight sway and another bottle in her hand.

"Yeah?" Steve said. Some of the Avengers had come to the apartment, excluding Hulk and Thor because of their angry tendencies.

"Turn off your comm cause I'm fixing to say a whole lot of language," Tony said earning a laugh from Peter. Tony felt better at that moment knowing the kid had calmed down in his arms.

Tony left with Peter, leaving May to shout profanities at them. Peter buried himself in Tony at each word. The Avengers and Tony got back to the tower, were Bruce had the Medbay set up. After a few bandages, the two went up to eat the food Steve and Wanda had made.

They made normal conversation, not discussing May or even families at that point. Peter didn't eat as much as everyone else, but Bruce said that he wouldn't for some time.

After the food, they went to watch a movie. Peter had unknowingly burrowed himself into Tony's side. Not like Tony cared though, in fact he ruffled the young boy's hair until he heard very soft snores that made Peter even more adorable.

The Avengers cooed silently at the scene resulting in Tony shushing them. There was a soft laughter in the air, but Peter stayed asleep the events of that day wearing him down. The Avengers promised themselves to never harm Peter or let anyone harm him.