That Avamore story but part two!!

Clint and Peter we're practicality buzzing as they talked about the lake house in Avamore. It had been a few months since Clint and Peter were rescued, and so Peter thought it would be nice to have a vacation and share his favorite place with the Avengers.

Peter had his back to the direction they were heading, as he sat on the framing of the truck. "Every Fourth of July, Pops would grill hamburgers and hotdogs. Uncle Kyko would always have the best fireworks. Emma and I would be sitting face up on the dock watching them explode and throwing pieces of bread to the fishes."

"Peter!" Clint said standing up to look up the street. His eyes widened at whatever he was looking at, so Peter shifted his body to see. There instead of the lake house was crumbling ashes and rocks. Nothing was left of the house except pieces of stubborn wall.

Peter slid his legs over, running on the hood before jumping off. Peter ran into the rumble, tears already flooding his senses. Nothing was left of the one place he could always call home.

"Peter...?" A voice said across the area. The black haired and dark skinned girl had soot and ash covering her face. She held her arm close to her using her other arm. Tears streamed down her face just like Peter's.

"Emma!" Peter ran towards her, pulling her into a hug. The girl sobbed into his chest, and Peter just held her tight. When they pulled apart, Peter had stopped crying. His fists were clenched, "Who did this?"

"He said his name was Toomes. I was in the forest, going to the small beach. I heard the noise and I came rushing back. Everyone and everything was gone," Emma said. She grabbed his hand, pulling it apart. "But I refuse to let you go after that man and kill him. You have a moral code, Peter."

"Fine. But I can't promise you that when I catch him he won't come back unscathed," Peter said a dark energy in his eyes. Emma went towards the truck, ignoring the Avengers. Peter leaned down in the rumble, fingering something that was left.

A brown and wooden picture frame with burn marks at the edges, still held the picture of the entire family, including all the Parkers. The glass was only cracked at the edges so the picture could be recognized.

Peter picked it up and went towards the truck. He refused to look up at the Avengers as his shaking hands gave Emma the picture. Emma looked at it before softly crying again.

"Let's go," Peter said, hopping back into the back, sitting cross legged on the hood of the truck. The Avengers nodded getting back in there spots. All was silent on the ride there, but Peter was radiating anger.

*****

Peter watched as Toomes was dragged into the cop car. It had only taken him a month to find the monster and put him away. Now, Peter could let go of that anger and actually grieve, something he kept putting off to find Toomes.

Bruce said that Peter was grieving by being angry, he was just in the state of anger when it came to the five stages of grief. But Peter didn't want to believe that, or at least, he didn't think that was what happened.

Emma was allowed to live in Avengers Tower, but she eventually went back to Avamore, staying at the army base. Peter told her to be safe, but overall he was okay with her going. Avamore was her home.

Peter finally closed the door on Avamore. He wasn't happy it happened, but he knew he couldn't change it. Peter went to the funerals of his family, and then he came back to New York.

Peter just marked another point for Parker Luck.