Childish War

Once upon a time, yes, a very long time ago, lived a family, noble and old, whose children were very close. And on and on and on it goes!

"Hey, do it right! Now to your throne, the butler starts the show. Ready, go!" Peter sang, looking over at Vision as she remembered him as JARVIS. "A knife and a fork to point in your face. I'll take you any day."

"After all, we're the noble, the middle class, grandest and richest of families," Cassie retaliated. "So, bow down you pests and peasants. Standing here's your prince and princess. We're here to call to attention all of your mistakes."

"Hey, hold up, hold up, you're lying again. Bet you can't see through anything I throw at you," Peter sang, pushing Cassie aside to make himself appear grander.

"Right, right, right, I'll leave them under you since you want it so bad," The fifteen year old girl laughed in Peter's face, making it clear she was being sarcastic the entire time.

"You're just so annoying! God, just so annoying! Acting high and mighty around me like you are queen. Ready, aim, and fire, gong that never tires. Rioting tonight, it's a war but not a fist fight," Peter clenched his fists as he stared at Cassie.

"Causing so much trouble, see my mischief double, come on, boy, you gotta admit that I do it in style," Cassie mocked Peter with a sly smile. "And for buying at this 'Special Bargain Sale', I thank you for your special service, beat you, fair and square!"

Peter glared at Cassie, reluctantly agreeing to her victory. They were always fighting with each other, and now that just had to bring in music. The rest of the Avengers were tired of their shenanigans, but otherwise said nothing as Stature and Spider-Man duked it out like siblings.

"Back to backing away, retreat. But have an idea to beat. Giving into her puerile goals, we're head to head and toe to toe," Peter said, thinking about the fight he was having.

"Hey, who the hell do you think I am?" Cassie said when she heard Peter say she had "puerile goals", whatever the hell that phrase meant and what exactly he was calling her was beyond Cassie but she really didn't care. "Yeah, I know the rulebook. Calling me so dumb, think that I'll run. Maybe humility not so bad?!"

"Now, now everyone, come and take my hand please. It's only natural that I'm tranquil. If you really didn't know a cheat by nature, I'm always reaching for that one thing greater," Peter said to keep Cassie from her beginning life crisis.

"It's in my blood, you know we're famous for our war strength. This one there, that one there, this one everywhere!" Cassie said, pointing to all the newspapers about her, mostly because she was the most marketable as someone who was really huge when she used her powers.

"Right, right, right, guess who earned a gold star for very good job?" Peter said sarcastically with a laugh, knowing he was the most popular of all the Avengers, Cassie included.

"You're just so annoying, god, just so annoying. Acting high and mighty around me like you are the king!" Cassie said, calling Peter out from what he said earlier. "I'll strike even harder, shoot you till you topple. Retribution! Punishment! I'll make you feel all of it!"

"Looking down upon you, seeing through all your moves. Chance is for the taking, you're dancing to my own beat. Got a little messy, missed you by a hair," Peter shrugged with a smirk growing. "Oh, well it looks like I'm the winner, beat you, fair and square."

But it's you, and nobody can compare...

Cassie and Peter shot back insults at one another, their fight growing more intense.

You're the only rival that I can bear...

The two fought with so many people that wanted to kill them that this was a nice, refreshing taste.

Falling to my knees, losing like I'm weak...

Sometimes they lost to one another, but that didn't make them any less powerful in their own right.

Would drive me insane, so for tonight it's just me and you. But I'll win!!

Hey! Hey! Hey!!!

The two started speaking at the same time, their words mashing together into something unintelligible. The other Avengers watched with amused looks, trying to follow along to whatever they were saying, but they all failed at something like that.

"You're just so annoying! God, so annoying! Yelling at me like I'm a dog, well you're all bark! Ready, aim, and fire, gong that never tires. Generation rising, the one to rule will be me," Peter said, growing annoyed with Cassie and her antics.

"Causing so much trouble, see my mischief double. C'mon, boy, you gotta admit that I do it in style! From 1 to 100, I'll take whatever's there, thank you for your precious service! I beat you fair and squ-" Cassie stopped looking at Peter.

"Hold on, wait a second, is this a draw?! Huh!?!" They chanted confused as to what was happening.

"Glad, they're done with that childish war."