Chapter 81 (Corruption)

Start from the beginning

I looked up and it seems like the Faeries have finally left me alone.

I slowly descended in what looked like the mouth of a beast. dark purple-colored stones called ebonystone were everywhere that gave off some kind of a dark and evil hue. It's too dark down here so I started placing torches all around me.

It was going okay until I started hearing some digging noises from inside the wall.

This could only mean one thing. The enemy "Devourer".

A large worm-like creature found in the Corruption that digs through the ground to deal a surprise attack.

I took out the spare Silver Broadsword that Evan had given me before and braced myself.

Evan POV

I was currently hugged by my crying Mom. It seems like her name is Sarya and the other two siblings are named Rose and Alton. Rose has a scar on her cheek that almost touches her nose and Alton's quite young but a little bit buff as well.

It took Sarya some time to calm down enough to let me go of her hug. Both of our eyes were wet. Don't ask me why, its just heredity.

I wiped away the tears on my eyes.

[Alright. You all stay here. I have some work to do.] (Me)

I had already told them about the Hero part.

[Wait.] (Rose)

[Hm?] (Me)

[What kind of work?] (Rose)

The kind that spawns meteors... Actually won't I be the bad guy if I say that?

[Me And my buddy are going to the heart of the Corruption and see where the problem lie.] (Me)

Actually, that reminds me, If the Corruption is so dangerous then why are the Faeries trying to suppress it. I mean, isn't it better to just find some other place or something like that?

[What!? Are You An Idi-] (Alton)

[Alton! Mind your manners.] (Rose)

Rose immediately interrupted Alton. Seems like this happens all the time. 

[Though what Alton is saying is correct. The corruption will enter your body and rot you from the inside out. I'm surprised you even managed to walk your way here.] (Rose)

Teh hell?

[Uhhh, I didn't feel anything?] (Me)

[You wouldn't feel anything at first but as time goes on, you'll start feeling sluggish as your organs start failing one by one] (Rose)

Woah. That's crazy. 

Better experiment with it.

Terra POV

There's an umbrella in one hand which made me fall slowly in this endless darkness and a sword in the other. Dual wielding decreases the swords damage significantly but I didn't mind.

The digging noises kept going on and I quickly placed a torch on the side to at least be able to see.

From my Side, A huge worm emerged through the wall. All I could see was a circle Mouth filled with sharp and pointy teeth of a Beast, aimed towards my...... Feet. Actually, It was aimed at my face but I wanted it to rhyme.

 I Trust my sword forward straight into its Mouth and it tried to eat my sword. Unlucky for him, My sword's Indestructible so I just saw a bunch of numbers pop up.

-16
-14
-30 (Crit)

And it Finally died.

Its body immediately went limp and fell down. Aside from that, a bunch of Worm tooth went into my inventory. If I remember correctly then the Worm tooth is used to make Unholy arrows.

After a few moments. I finally reached the bottom of this chasm. Annnd There's nothing here.

There's no path or anything just a quick stop to this large hole. This is probably the wrong Chasm and I'll have to search another one Where there's an actual Path which means that I'll have to go back up.... Unless.

There are times in Terraia when the pathway I'm looking for is right underneath these holes, so I Took out a purification Powder and spread it right beneath me. The Purplish stone Immediately turned gray. Which should be the normal Stone.

I started digging down and sure enough. The pathway I was looking for was right here underneath the dead end. 

Only one problem.

There's like a million Eater of Souls Here.

.......

Terra: EVAN HALP MEH!!!!