Boarding school pt7

"You're a slut, (Y/N)! A fucking whore!"
The words replayed in my mind over and over again. It was hard to ignore Lachlan's pleading looks in the house. It was hard to ignore him in general. He tried talking to me but I just... can't, I just can't.
So I stayed in my room and continued studying and doing homework. It was school-go home-homework-eat-study-shower-sleep. My daily routine since no one liked me anymore.
Then on Sunday, There was a knock on my room door.
"Who is it?"
I called out. I was wearing sweats and an old blue roots hoodie. My hair was in a messy bun and I was hunched over my desk.
"Mitch."
The voice called out. I perked my head up. Mitch?
"Come in."
I answered. Mitch came in with sport shorts and a soccer jersey. He closed the door behind him and sat on my bed.
"Mitch... I'm sorry."
I apologized right away and leaped out of my chair to sit beside Mitch. Mitch nodded.
"I know. I heard about what went down with you and Lachlan."
Mitch confronted. I bowed my head in defeat. I hated that I liked Lachlan so much. I loved the way he kissed me and the way he looked over the house while his parents are gone.
"Yeah."
I responded. Mitch shook his head.
"I don't know why you'd get involved with him anyway. He's no good for you."
Mitch sighed. I shrugged. Was it true?
"He's a heartbreaker and I'm just his little ugly brother."
Mitch told me. I shook my head.
"No you're not, Mitch."
I said placing my hand on his knee for comfort.
"Yes. I am. He gets all the pretty girls and I'm just here. And I couldn't stand him taking you."
Mitch confessed. I squeezed his knee.
"He's not taking me Mitch. I missed you. You're my friend."
I told him. Mitch just shrugged.
"He just wants to take you away."
Mitch Informed me, then my room door burst open.
It was Lachlan.
"Excuse me?"
Lachlan demanded and strolled in. Mitch looked at Lachlan with narrowed eyes.
"So you were listening in?"
Mitch stood up and questioned Lachlan. Lachlan went close to Mitch and jabbed a finger at his chest.
"Only because I know you lie a lot about me Mitch. I mean, what the fuck? I'm your brother!"
Lachlan responded. Mitch rolled his eyes.
"I'm not lying, Lachlan."
"Oh, yes you are."
I stood up and split them apart.
"Guys, Chill!"
I told them. Mitch sighed.
"(Y/N), you settle this. Wasn't Lachlan trying to take you away from me?"
Mitch asked me. Both boys looked at me with their beautiful blue eyes. I should go on Mitch's side because he's my friend, but It was untrue.
"Mitch... boys please. No one took myw away-"
I started to say but Mitch shook his head in disgust.
"Fine. Fine whatever. Bye."
Mitch left the room. Lachlan groaned and sat on my bed with his head in his hands.
I didn't know what to do... should I comfort Lachlan? Then I heard Mitch slam the front door. He was probably going to call a taxi and go play soccer on a field. I sat beside Lachlan.
"Y'know, He's lying. He always wants people to pity him."
Lachlan told me and looked at me with glassy eyes.
"Maybe he's just tired of being the one without a girlfriend."
I suggested. Lachlan shook his head.
"No. Mitch is extremely jealous of me. He tries to take everything I have. I had 3 girlfriends in the past and they all cheated on me with Mitch."
Lachlan admitted. I looked at him, shocked. I lay a protective hand on his back.
"I- I didn't know."
I said. Lachlan nodded.
"Yeah. I'm sorry for listening in... I just wanted you to know the truth.
Lachlan told me. I nodded.
"It's okay, Lachy."
I replied. Lachlan then took my hand and squeezed it.
"I didn't mean it when I called you a slut or a whore. It's just- with all the happened in the past, I just snapped."
Lachlan explained. I nodded.
"It's okay. I understand."
I said. Lachlan looked at me with a soft expression.
"I really do think you're amazing... and beautiful. I never met such a passionate girl like you, (Y/N). I really can't stop thinking about you."
Lachlan admitted, his cheeks turning pink. I smiled and squeezed his hand back.
"I think if you a lot too, Lachy."
I responded. Then we both leaned over to each other, and finally connected lips again. This time; it felt right. Perfect.