Boarding school pt4

It's been a week since I kissed Lachlan, and I still feel his lips on mine.
Since then, Lachlan has been ruder than usual. Making unnecessary comments, rolling his eyes... it's all so weird and i'm not sure what to do.
Mitch and I hang out more than Lachlan and I do anyways. After doing homework or studying, we go outside to play soccer is the yard.
I finally finished the essay that Mrs. Tomlinson handed out to me about 2 weeks ago. I gave her my printed essay paper with perfect MLA format and she smiled and took it.
"It looks lovely, (Y/N). I bet it'll be incredible."
Mrs. Tomlinson told me. I beamed.
"Yeah, I hope you think so."
I responded. Mrs. Tomlinson went around to collected all the other essays as Curtis tapped me on my shoulder.
"Yeah?"
I turned around and asked. Curtis blushed.
"Are you doing anything this Saturday?"
Curtis questioned. I bit my lip and thought. Today was Monday... I had a test on Wednesday... I don't believe I had a test next Monday that I'd have to study for on the weekend.
"No, why?"
I answered. Curtis nervously drummed his fingers on the desk.
"Well... I was thinking if you wanted to maybe... go to dinner?"
Curtis asked me. I raised my eyebrows.
"Like... a date?"
I asked. Curtis slowly nodded.
"Well... Y-Yeah. I'm basically asking you out on a date, yes."
Curtis embarrassingly chuckled. I nodded and smiled.
"Sure. I'd like that."

When I got home from school, I was crammed with homework. I wrote until my hand cramped up. I was finally done around dinner time. Mitch came in my room to call me down.
"Whatcha up to? It's dinner."
Mitch asked me and peered over my shoulder. He placed one hand on my shoulder.
"Just homework. I just finished though."
I answered. I spun the chair around to face him, his hand let go of my shoulder quickly.
"Cool. Well, Lachlan made dinner so we should probably get down there."
Mitch said. I stood up and followed Mitch down the stairs.
We sat at the dinner table, where Lachlan was already seated. He made chicken with rice, salad and fried vegetables. I placed some food on my plate and poured orange juice into a glass cup.
"So, what do you have going on this weekend, (Y/N)? I was thinking we could drive over to an actual soccer field with nets."
Mitch suggested. I shook my head.
"I'd love to, but I have a date on Saturday. Maybe we can go Sunday?"
I asked. Mitch and Lachlan both froze. They looked at me with wide eyes. What did I do? Was it something I said?
"What?"
I asked. Mitch cleared his throat. Lachlan frowned and continued eating his chicken.
"You have a date?"
Mitch confirmed. I nodded.
"Yeah.  With a guy in my English class."
I told him. Mitch looked at me with raised eyebrows then looked at the clock.
"I'm going to see if the soccer game is on."
Mitch excused himself to the living room and took his food with him.
"Way to crush the boys dreams."
Lachlan snarled. I rolled my eyes.
"What do you know Lachlan?"
I snapped.
"More than you."
Lachlan calmly replied. I gave him cut-eye.
"Like what?"
I asked. Lachlan shook his head and sighed. He stood up and put his plate in the sink.
"See you later, (Y/N)."
Then Lachlan left me alone in the Kitchen.