Boarding school pt2

A couple of days later, Lachlan drove all of us to school early. Mitch offered to show me where all my classes are.
"And lastly, this is your anthropology class."
Mitch said, gesturing at room 223. I nodded and clutched my binder to my chest.
"Alright. Thank you for... well all of this."
I thanked Mitch. Mitch blushed and shook his head.
"It's no problem."
Mitch responded. Then the warning bell rang.
"I should get to class. See you at the end of the day."
Then Mitch sped off. I went down to my locker and grabbed a few pencils. I made it to my first period class which is law, right on time.
The teacher carelessly shrugged at me as I sat down. The bell rang and she started the class right away.
Law class was confusing because I was used to Canadian law; not Australian. I made a mental note to study Australian law after school.
After law class, I made my way to History class. The teacher was an old man and he looked like he didn't even notice I was new. The students for sure noticed since they were looking at me and whispering.
History was a little difficult as well since it was all Australian history. I've learnt Canadian history for years. That's all I've ever known for now. I decided that I'm going to do a lot of studying at home.
My next class was my favourite; English class. I always loved writing and was good at reading. I walked in and noticed a recognizable boy. I noticed it was Lachlan. Lachlan blushed as soon as he noticed me, then he turned the opposite way.
Looks like he's no help.
The teacher came up to me and beamed. She was tall with long blonde hair and glasses. She looked around 26 years old.
"Hey. You must be (Y/N). I'm Mrs. Tomlinson."
My English teacher introduced herself. I smiled back. Even though it was a teacher, I was glad someone was talking to me.
"Yeah."
I responded. Mrs. Tomlinson nodded.
"Well, I'm glad that you've transferred here. I looked at your records from the previous years and you're outstanding in English."
Mrs. Tomlinson gushed. I blushed.
"Thank you, Mrs. I'm glad I'm here too."
I responded.
"Well, I have to get this class started so I'll have you sit beside Curtis."
Mrs. Tomlinson told me and guided me to a desk beside a platinum blonde boy.
"Thank you."
I said and sat down. I placed my books on my desk. Lachlan was right in front of my row. He was chatting to a redhead girl. I wondered if she was Lachlan's girlfriend?
"Hey. You're (Y/N), right?"
Curtis asked me. He had a surfers dude hairstyle. It was platinum blonde and his eyes were icy blue. I nodded.
"Yeah. Nice to meet you, Curtis."
I politely made small talk.
"Where are you from?"
Curtis wondered.
"Canada."
I responded. Curtis smiled.
"Canada. That's pretty awesome."
Curtis responded. I nodded.
"Yeah. It's a nice place."
"Quiet down, class."
Mrs. Tomlinson hushed the class. We all listened.
Mrs. Tomlinson talked about a book and discussion questions. I was really confused because I never read the book. Then she started teaching us about a proper essay that we'll have to write soon. My palms got sweaty as I was worried of falling behind. Curtis noticed.
"It's okay, (Y/N). Give me your phone number and I'll catch you up on the book. I can even lend you mine."
He offered. I smiled and nodded, desperately.
"That'd be amazing, thank you."
I said and programmed my phone number in Curtis' phone. I looked forward to see Lachlan shooting Curtis daggers with his eyes. He looked mad. Why?
When Lachlan noticed me looking, he blushed and turned back around. What was that all about?
"So, I'll text you. And maybe we can hang out some time?"
Curtis asked. I nodded. Finally! Someone who noticed me.
"Yeah. That sounds great."
I accepted. Then the bell rang, as I had to start heading to my last class of the day; anthropology.