My Best Friend pt6

Lachlan caught up to me when I went to the room and put his hand on my shoulder. I spun around the face Lachlan.
"(Y/N) I'm sorry."
Lachlan apologized to me.
"Lachlan... what about Charlotte?"
I hissed. I knew they were on and off but cheating on her? That's a no.
"We broke up this morning. I broke up with her."
Lachlan told me. I narrowed my eyes. I liked Lachlan a lot... loved him if I'm being honest but I have no interest in being his second option.
"Lachlan, I'm not going to be your rebound."
I said and crossed my arms over my chest. Lachlan looked hurt.
"I never said that! What? You're my best friend (Y/N) I would never use you or anyone as a rebound. Charlotte and I are over for good this time."
Lachlan told me, running his fingers through his blonde hair.
"Lachy... what are you trying to say?"
I asked Lachlan. Lachlan looked nervous. He took a deep breath.
"I love you (Y/N). You're my best friend so I was so scared to tell you. I hid my feelings for you for so long and... I just can't take it anymore. It's killing me to see you flirt constantly with one of my good buddies because I never told you how I really felt. So no bullshit (Y/N), I love you and I always will no matter what. This sounds like some next Romero and Juliet shit but at this point, I could really care less."
Lachlan blurted out. His cheeks were completely flushed and his blue eyes looked at me sadly, waiting for my reply.
But he didn't get my reply.