Your Brothers Best Friend pt7

Lachlan led me to his dining room. He had the table all set up. There was a white cloth sprawled over the dark wood table with fancy white plates and silverware. There was a pretty chandelier over the table and it was dimmed. Lachlan pulled my chair out for me to sit. I laughed.
"Such a gentleman. Thanks."
I teased.
Lachlan laughed and shook his head.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm going to get the food now."
Lachlan told me. I nodded and looked around. His house was really nice. I wondered how it would be like to live here and have a little pond in your own backyard!
Lachlan finally came back with a pot of pasta. It smelt really good. Lachlan set it in the middle of the table then sat down. We put pasta on our plates then started to eat. It was actually really good. I was impressed. We talked about random topics and laughed a lot.
"So, do you work anywhere?"
Lachlan asked me. I stabbed my pasta with my fork.
"I'm a lifeguard for the community pool. It's kind of fun because the staff is nice."
I responded. I just started working as a lifeguard. I've made quite a few friends there."
I told him. Lachlan smiled.
"That seems cool. I've always wanted to try to be a lifeguard but there is a lot of training."
Lachlan said. I nodded, agreeing.
"Yeah, it took a while but it's worth it. Anyways, do you work?"
I asked Lachlan. Lachlan's face went blank and he bit his lip, thinking.
"Errr... uhm..."
Lachlan stuttered.
"Sorry, you don't have to answer. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."
I apologized. Lachlan shook his head.
"No, no. It's not that it's just... I'm afraid how you would respond..."
Lachlan told me. I smiled and shook my head.
"You don't have to worry about anything Lachlan. It's fine."
I reassured Lachlan. Lachlan smiled and pressed his lips together tightly.
"I'm a YouTuber."
Lachlan responded. Seriously? I had no idea. I pretended to not be shocked. Inside, I was freaking out how cool that is.
"Really? What videos do you make?"
I asked Lachlan. Lachlan took a bite of his pasta before responding.
"Gaming videos. Honestly, I started with Pokémon and minecraft. Then it went to minecraft with my friends. Then Pokémon go and now Fortnite. I also got a second channel where I play random games."
Lachlan explained. I was really surprised. That was awesome! I wished I could do that but I wasn't the best gamer and I probably wouldn't be getting subscribers.
"That's really cool Lachlan. I had no idea. That's just... wow."
Lachlan smiled and blushed.
"Thanks. Sometimes it's awkward to answer that 'where do you work?' Question."
Lachlan told me and laughed. I laughed along.
"Yeah. I could only imagine."
I responded. Then the conversation turned into a conversation about our favourite childhood games. Soon. We both finished eating.