Christmas pt1

I took the Christmas cookies out of the oven and sat them down on the granite counter. It smelt like gingerbread as the hot cookie scent filled the air. I shut the oven door and took my mitts off. I started to prepare the icing and candy when the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone over... I had my Christmas apron on with flour all over my apron and cheeks. I rushed to the door and flung it open.
There stood my boyfriend, Lachlan power.
He was adorable with his golden blonde hair perfectly trimmed and his ocean blue eyes gleaming. He smiled with his naturally pink lips.
"Hey."
Lachlan casually said. I blushed and stepped aside so Lachlan could come in.
"Hey Lachy. What are you doing here?" I questioned as Lachlan took off his shoes and we walked into the kitchen.
"I just finished recording some videos. Decided to come over and say hey. I would ask what you were doing but it's pretty obvious."
Lachlan chuckled, getting a good smell of the gingerbread. I nodded.
"Yeah, just doing some Christmas baking since my parents are at a Christmas party for my dad's work."
I responded and cut off the bottom of the icing bag.
"Oooo. Can I help?"
Lachlan asked while ripping the candy bags. I nodded.
"Yeah, sure."
I responded. Lachlan quickly hooked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.
"I need a kiss first."
Lachlan told me in a low raspy voice. I blushed. Lachlan and I started dating 5 months ago and he still made me blush like crazy. I swear, I'll never get used to him actually being mine.
"Just one."
I giggled and connected my lips to his. I game him a soft and delicate kiss before pulling away. Lachlan smiled, satisfied as we both started paying attention to the gingerbread. Lachlan and I put icing and candy on the cookies. It didn't take Lachlan and I long to finish up decorating the gingerbread. When we finished, my 3 year old Australian Shepard, Callie strolled in. Her tail wagged excitedly as Lachlan reached down to pet her between her ears.
"Since we're done decorating, want to go take Callie for a quick walk?"
I asked Lachlan. Callie's head tilted to the side as she heard the word "walk." Lachlan nodded.
"Yeah, sure."
Lachlan and I zipped up our coats and put on hats. I got Callie's leash and we walked outside. The snow was lightly crunching beneath our feet. The neighbourhood was covered in fresh white snow. The tree's were all white and the air was cool. Callie's ears happily fluttered in the breeze.  Lachlan and I walked around, viewing the beautifully lit houses. I loved how my neighbourhood loved Christmas. It was so beautiful at this time of the year.

When it started to get too chilly for Callie's paws, Lachlan and I went back to my house.
"I should get going."
Lachlan told me as we reached the front of my house. My parents car was just pulling into the driveway.
"Alright. You're still coming to the Christmas party tomorrow, right?"
I asked Lachlan. Lachlan, my two best friend named Kristan and Christie and I were going to a Christmas party.
"Yeah. I'll pick you up at 7."
Lachlan Informed me. I nodded as Lachlan then turned away to walk back to his car.