Summer Camp pt7

It was quiet for about 10 minuets. Just me and my thoughts until I heard footsteps behind me.
"(Y/N)..."
Lachlan said softly. Great. I don't want him to see the effect he has on me, although I want him to know that I'm irritated.
"What?"
I snapped. Lachlan hesitated but sat down next to me.
"I don't understand what's going on."
Lachlan told me. I snorted.
"Hm. Yeah. You asked me to the dance via note then ditched me at the dance. What's there to not understand?"
I asked angrily. Lachlan looked shocked though.
"No. I write you a note asking if you'd go to the dance with me, told Serena to give it to you because I know she is in your cabin AND told Serena to tell you to let me know right away. Instead, we just hung out and I never got an answer. I felt embarrassed and never brought it up in person. Then at the dance Serena started dancing with me and told me that you weren't interested in me."
Lachlan explained to me.
What the fuck.
That... Bitch.
"WHAT?"
I yelled and got up. Lachlan wrapped his strong arms around me and held me down.
"No no no no, you're not going after her. Listen to me (Y/N.)"
Lachlan softly told me. I relaxed and Lachlan released me.
"This was just a big misunderstanding. I didn't ditch you, you were actually interested."
Lachlan told me, looking at me with his gentle blue eyes. I sighed.
"Well... now what?"
I ask and hug my knees is to my chest.
"We can go back to the dance?"
Lachlan suggested. I looked back and heard the booming loud music. I shrugged.
"I can't go back now... Serena will know I was out here crying..."
I muttered. We then heard a slow song start to play. Lachlan chuckled and shook his head.
"So what? Who fucking cares?"
Lachlan asked and got up. I looked up at him.
"Would you dance with me (Y/N)?"
Lachlan asked me and offered me a hand. My heart pounded and my cheeks flushed. I nodded and took his hand as Lachlan helped me up.
We ran back to the dance so we wouldn't miss the song. Some people were slow dancing. Lachlan and I went to the middle and Lachlan placed his hands on my hips and brought me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck. We slowly swayed to the music. If I tilted my head up, Lachlan's face would be only an inch apart from mine.
So I tilted my chin up a bit and Lachlan took the bait. Lachlan kissed me and it was the sweetest kiss I'll ever experienced in my life.
The song was finally done and Spanish music started to play. Lachlan smiled and took my hand, spinning me. We danced all night long and I didn't even look at Serena once.
When the dance was done, Lachlan walked me back to my cabin. Lachlan kisses me one more time in front of the door before me asked me one simple question.
"Would you be my girlfriend?"
And I said yes.