angel

Oswald x reader

I'm in love with an angel, heaven forbidMade me a believer with the touch of her skin

Made me a believer with the touch of her skin

Ozzy watched you from the other side of the strip club. You are the sister of his ex wife Ortensia. He regretted choosing her over you.

He didn't see that loving Ortensia would hurt him in the end. She played him like a deck of cards. She stole his heart. He gave her a diamond. She cheated on him with his brother at the club, and buried what they could've been with a spade.

You however, were totally different. You were like an open book. Anything and everything that he wished to know was available with a single question.

He loved everything about you from your sparkling (f/c) eyes, to the silver color of your soft fur.

I'd go to hell and back with you

Stay lost in what we found.
Worlds apart we were the same
Until we hit the ground

After the bitter divorce, Ortensia kicked you out and took over your home. You were left with nothing but the clothes on your back. You had some money, but you spent the last bit on your motel room last night. Ortensia wasn't even kind enough to let you have your own car.

You were utterly embarrassed. Your sole reason for being here was to see if Oswald could let you stay for a while until you could find a new job.

Nervously, you walked up to the shirtless rabbit as he performed on stage. In delicate writing, you slipped a note to him, telling him to meet you at the bar counter.

Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see
You wanted a soldier but it wasn't me
'Cause I could never set you free

Ozzy bent down to retrieve the note, and immediately he walked over to the counter.

"Is everything alright sugar?" he asked spotting you.

"No, my sister's a bitch and now I'm homeless and broke" you said hiccuping.

"Oh (y/n), I'm sorry love. You're welcome to stay at my place if you'd like"

"Are you sure? I don't wanna be a burden on you or anything like that" you said blushing at his choice of pet names. 

So fly on your own

It's time I let you go
Go

"Of course darling! I mean- it is my fault you're in this situation" Ozzy looked at you genuinely apologetic.

He held his hand out for you to take. Smiling, you accepted the kind gesture and walked with him to his car.

I'm in love with an angel who's afraid of the light

Her halo is broken but there's fight in her eyes

Walls are built to keep us safe
Until they're crashing down
Worlds apart we were the same
Until you hit the ground

Oswald had never seen you look so....broken. How could your sister be so cruel after everything you've done for her? What could he do to make everything better for you?

Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see
You wanted a soldier but it wasn't me
'Cause I could never set you free

Oswald unlocked the door and lead you inside. He grabbed some old clothes of his for you to sleep in while yours were washed. You thanked him as you took them to the bathroom with you.

You started the shower and stripped off the dirty garments. The water felt luxurious as it cloaked you in warmth. You applied what appeared to be the soap and shampoo that SHE left behind.

Oswald stepped in long enough to bring you a towel and gather your laundry. Without totally meaning to, he looked at you through the frosted glass door. A scar prominently visible, ran down the length of your back and forked at your shoulders. He wondered how it happened.

So fly on your own

It's time I let you go
Go

The water being shut off was his cue to exit while still being a semi modest man. You slid open the shower door as the bathroom door shut. Shrugging your shoulders, you preceded to dry yourself and dress.

Walls are built to keep us safe

Until they're crashing down
Worlds apart we were the same
Until you hit the ground

You walked out in the baggy shirt and tightened shorts. Ozzy would have pounced on you had he not remembered the time Mickey did so to Minnie. Long story short, it didn't end well for Mick.

Ozzy showed you to the guest room that was prepared. He wished you  goodnight and settled in himself.

Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see
You wanted a soldier but it wasn't me
'Cause I could never set you free

Later that night, he was startled awake by a hand softly grasping his arm. When he sat up and looked over, it was you.

You stood at his bedside shaking like a -for lack of better words- soaked kitten in the snow. You had a nightmare so realistic that it downright petrified you. You explained through the tears and hiccups, everything your abusive ex had done before you left him.

Ozzy held you close to him. The sound of his gentle heartbeat, soothing your shot nerves. He rubbed your back tenderly, calming you further with the sweet words he said.

So fly on your own

It's time I let you go

So fly on your own
It's time I let you go
Go

He kissed you passionately as he made room on the spacious bed for you. Covering both of you up with the warm duvet, Oswald kissed you once more.

"I love you (y/n)" he whispered sweetly.

"And I love you, Ozzy"

Oswald took one last look at the ring on his finger. He glared at the damned thing before chucking it out the open window. At one point he had thought about trying to get back with Ortensia, but after seeing and hearing what she's done to you? To hell with her, he didn't want or need her, not when everything he desires is in his arms.