irony

I feel that walking has become another choreI don't think I can go on walking anymoreYou and Boris trudged heavily through opposite sides of the city

I don't think I can go on walking anymore
You and Boris trudged heavily through opposite sides of the city. Carrying on with so much burden is so difficult. Both of you sat along the curb and reached for your phones.

Forgive me for those words, I know they're but a cliche to you
But life is tiring, my feet are feeling sore
Boris opened his phone only to see the name of the person he was going to call. It was you.

"Hey how are you? We haven't talked in a while"

"I'm doing fine. Let's meet up today!"

Those overused words echoed like a broken record.

I wish that I could have a bit of time
To heal the ache that is growing stronger all the time
But I know time stops for nobody, let alone me
Boris was hurt that his brother abandoned him to go on the quest up Mt. Bulk. Yes he was still young, but he wasn't defenseless.

You had lost your job and apartment. Wandering streets and begging was all you could do to survive in this cruel world. Not even your family was willing to aid you in these trying times.

And so I go inevitably
Whenever things are going rather happily
It turns out life is just playing a trick on me
Everytime things looked promising, fate seems to laugh and kick you both over into the mud.

Boris wasn't entirely trusted when things got messy. Even though he knows exactly how to handle the situation.

You were given interview after interview, only to be rejected over and over again.

It's slightly shameful to admit the truth, I end up in tears
And so returns the same old melancholy
It was early in the evening, Boris had brought you to a diner for dinner. You were thankful to finally eat real food after weeks of begging for scraps.

You cried when the bill came over to the table. You didn't have a penny to your name.

"Hey, what's wrong, (y/n)?"

"I don't have the money to pay my part of the bill!" You sobbed.

"Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it. No problem!" He said smiling with a wink and a thumbs up.

I miss when life was just simplicity
And misery wasn't always chasing after me
It's pretty obvious now, I should have left my regret
But I held onto it so foolishly
He paid for everything and walked you over to the park across the street.