dreamer

Endless darkness are full of dreamsSomething that you have never seenI'll be the light that will guide your wayLike a hope that is as bright as dayFelix looked at you dreamily as he sketched your photo for his newest book he was dedicating to you

Something that you have never seen
I'll be the light that will guide your way
Like a hope that is as bright as day
Felix looked at you dreamily as he sketched your photo for his newest book he was dedicating to you. You had no clue what he was doing as you were busy in the garden. You were everything to him as he was to you.

oxygen, paper wings, dancing lights
You have a choice to leave all behind
Or take the path that they had once came
for the echoing darkness calls your name
You loved what you've made of your life with Felix. You were an creative writing and art teacher who dabbled in gardening on the side. Felix was often off on trips every few months and always came back with a new story to tell. He could've given it all up for a quiet life with you, but you insisted otherwise.

The stories you've made
The worlds that you've told
Are you just gonna leave them in the cold?
When you fell ill a few months later, Felix refused to leave you while you were bedridden. You knew he was in the middle of writing a new one, but it was put on hold.

"Felix, I'll be fine. Why don't you finish your book? You know I've been looking forward to hearing your newest tale" you encouraged him, not wanting him to put his life on hold for you.

Sounds that you've heard are a cluster of noise
I'll ease away your worries, keep following my voice
He smiled wearily as he brushed his hand across your cheek. If you only knew that his story was of all his memories with you over the years. You were- are his everything. Without you he'd be lost.

Dreaming, Dreaming, Dreaming
Escape this world which was never your home
Take my hand, I'll lead you away
Into the darkness we descend
And the light is just at the end
It took a few months, but you were finally making a slow but swift recovery. He was elated to see you getting better. Cancer was a battle that not everyone won. He was glad that you were there to live another chapter with him.

Distant remembrance to when all's lost
Mind not the sorrow or yet the cost
Life is not permanent, time's something dear
So cherish these moments when I'm no longer here
Years went by, you had two beautiful children. A healthy boy and girl. You both happily balanced work life with family life. Things couldn't be happier.

The stories you've made
The worlds that you've told
Please don't abandon them in the cold
It seemed like you just blinked and your babies were getting married. Turning around, you had grandbabies running around the cabin. Felix couldn't have been happier.

The sounds that you've heard are a cluster of noise
Remember what I've told you, for you have a choice
Work was good for Felix as he published his fortieth novel. You were struggling in your years as arthritis made work harder to keep up with the kids. You decided to retire and spend time at home with the grandkids.

tired eyes, blinking skies, crooked face, a reminder of grace
Just ignore those who presents you hate
for perfection is what you will always create
Felix was now feeling his work catch up to him as he grew too tired to traverse your small town. Retirement served him well with eighty books in the hole and one still pending.

Dreaming, Dreaming, Dreaming
Escape this world which was never your home
Take a step, and you'll find a way
Into the darkness you'll descend
Life was good to you And Felix. You happily married, had kids, grandchildren, and even met your great grandchildren. You worked for as long as you both could, leaving to hefty pairs of shoes to fill.

Now the days were counting down while you laid peacefully in bed. Felix finished his book as he had no more memories to add to the book. He carefully curled up beside you in bed as he had grown tired.

And the light is just at the-
The book was wrapped with a letter attached to it. His eyelids grew heavy and his breath slowed. You had already silenced just a moment before. He kissed the top of your head as his last breath fell.

Endless darkness are full of dreams
Something that you have never seen
Stay in the light with me for a day
Til the time that I'll be on my way
The next morning you were both discovered. You had both passed peacefully in the night.

The eldest great grandchild, barely in their teens, found the beautifully wrapped book. They opened the envelope and read the letter inside.

[Dear family,
If you find this, then it means our time has come.
Please don't be saddened by out absence.
Instead enjoy what was left for you.
Never forget what and who is most important.
Love is forever, never take that for granted.

With love.
(Y/n) & Felix]