everything stays

Mug x reader

Lets go in the garden You'll find something waiting 

You'll find something waiting 

Right there where you left it lying upside down

You and Mug were best friends. You had each other's backs no matter what the situation. But, when the casino incident happened, he insisted that you stayed out of it and let he and his brother handle it.

"Just wait for me here. When this is all over, you'll find me in the garden" he said as he packed his bag.

"In our special place? You promise?" you asked.

"Yes, I promise" he smiled at you once more before leaving.

When you finally find it 

You'll see how it's faded

The underside is lighter when you turn it around
Almost a year had passed since you've heard from him. you walked to the designated spot, hoping that today may be the day. When you arrived, you were shocked by what you saw.

Mug was propped up against the wooden bench swing. He was covered in deep cracks, blood seeping from the chipped areas. His arm looked like it had been severed at the elbow and repaired with glue.

You rushed to his side. He was barely breathing.

"Mug? Muggy? Mugman!?" you called trying to wake him, even just a little.

A groan left his throat as he lifted his head enough to faintly see you through his blurry vision. Almost immediately, his head landed on your shoulder, in the crook of your neck.

Without even thinking, you helped him up and half dragged half carried him back to Elder Kettle's house.

Everything stays, right where you left it 

Everything stays, but it still changes 

Ever so slightly, daily and nightly In little ways

Where everything stays
A couple hours passed, Mug groggily woke up. At first he was confused. He didn't remember getting into town, so who's bed was he in? Out of the corner of his eye, Mug spotted a dainty little teacup girl. Her dress was a little dirty, but she didn't seem to mind. He took a closer look at her as she turned around. It was you,

"Oh! You're finally awake. How do you feel?" You asked approaching him.

"I'm okay...I think. My head still feels a little fuzzy" he answered rubbing his head.

"That doesn't surprise me. I had just spent the past three and a half hours healing countless cracks and chips on you. Most I was able to heal flawlessly, but there were some that left scars" you said glancing sadly at his arm.

He followed your gaze and brushed it off.

"I'm not worried about having scars. You did an amazing job as is (y/n), thank you"

"You're welcome. Cup arrived shortly after you did. Would you like me to go get him?"

"Nah, I wanna spend some time with you. C'mon let's go before he finds me" he smiled grabbing your hand and walking out the back door.

Let's go in the forest

All the birds are singing
Had them play for you a very special sound

You both laughed as you ran off into the garden together like two children sneaking off in the dead of night. He twirled you around in a makeshift waltz before setting you gently onto the swing.

The birds even seemed to rejoice the happy reunion.

So if you're ever frightened

Let their melody protect you
For they will bring you to me when the sun goes down

Mug placed an unexpected kiss to your pretty pink lips as he sat beside you singing the same songs you've both known since you were children.

The two of you stayed there until the sun started to set, happy to be together again.

Everything stays, right where you left it 

Everything stays, but it still changes 

Ever so slightly, daily and nightly In little ways

Where everything stays

With a kiss to your hand, you parted ways at your doorstep.

"Until tomorrow?"

"Until tomorrow"