no regrets

It's the end, I said, it's the endI don't know why, I was just sick of every word that you saidYou and Prince Mug used to be so close

I don't know why, I was just sick of every word that you said
You and Prince Mug used to be so close. Now he just uses you, and you are sick of it. You were sick of him and his stupid manipulative voice.

But I am not afraid, pretend I'm not afraid
Maybe everything would be happy if I had not accepted
You came here to work in the palace. You were nothing more than a filthy commoner maid. Fear kept you from leaving. You knew too much about the royal family. If you let a single word slip out, he'd have not only your head, but the heads of everyone who heard.

You wish you weren't so desperate for the money, cause if it wasn't for that, you wouldn't have taken the offer.

Round and round, my mind goes upside down
My body is all that's left, but I'm just losing control
Mug was going crazy. The devil's hold was strong, too strong to keep fighting forever. Slowly, he was losing himself the same way his brother did.

Soon, he'd be nothing more than an empty husk wearing a crown.

That if I could ignore those voices in our heads
Then we would all be free, but if I find out that I am alone…
You overheard the prince talking with someone. It was odd because there had been no visitors to enter the castle.

He seemed to be arguing with this other male, demanding that he be left alone. He talked about ending a contract.

Put my heart inside a closed case
Let the wounds pay all the left debts
Make this night be an insane date
Pretend all this happened one day
"Your highness, is everything alright? Shall I call for one of the guards?" You called.

"No! I mean no need, everything is fine. Please come in, this room needs tended to urgently" he said grumbling.

(NO REGRETS…)

It was true, I know, it was true
My own reflection in the mirror tried to kill me on its proof
My soul is still alive, I hope is still alive
Is it okay that I can slowly hear your voice?
You looked into his eyes. The scelaras were sickly yellow and his iris' were a deep shade of violet.

A crooked nervous smile twitched at the corner of his mouth. This would have normally fooled any of the other maids, but you were anything but convinced.

You took the handle of the feather duster in your hand and jutted it under the male's chin.

"Ah, so this is the trouble you've been getting yourself into is it?" You questioned.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he sounded hollow and offended.

"Alright, you've had your fun Lucifer, get out and leave him alone"

With a grumble and a huff, a ball of black smoke left the prince.

Round and round, my mind goes upside down
There was something behind what I call “my body”
I won't admit it, I don't fear those voices
And if it was just a lie…
You caught Mug as he collapsed into your arms. You sat him in his chair as he recollected himself.

"Your highness, are you alright?" You asked softer.

It was no wonder why his behavior changed so suddenly. The devil was messing around with his head and possessed him.

Mug groaned as he rubbed his temple.

Put my heart inside a closed case
Make those dreams come out now to stay
Bring those old fears, try to mix them
Pretend this will happen one day
(NO REGRETS…)
"(Y/n), you got rid of him? We're you hurt?" He asked taking hold of your hands.

"No sire, I'm quite alright. Shall I escort you to your bed chamber?"

"Yes please if you'd be so kind"

(Ah…)

If all my life was a hallucination
Then your words were true, there was no complication
But what was a lie, was my imagination
It was all a product of our fears formation
You arrived at your destination. You placed a cool rag over his head and made your way back to the door.

"(Y/n) please stay. I do not wish to be alone and I don't want you alone either in case he should return" he called for you.

"If that is what you with then I shall stay"

Why did you leave? Is it ending?
I don't want to die, snatched at it
If I loved you, we can do it
I promise a won't quit so, love me.
Mug smiled as he pulled you into his embrace on the bed. A soft kiss to your cheek as he whispered in your ear.

"You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily, did you~?" Cooed the hollowed voice as yellowed scelaras stared you down.

"Let me go! I am not your slave anymore! Just leave me alone!" You shrieked pulling away.

"You will love me or you will love nothing as I will rip your heart and soul out of that pretty little body of yours" he hissed.

Put my heart inside a closed case
If it hurts it will be finished
Why are you crying? If you wanted this!
You know this will never happen

Still not regretting!
You cried as chains bound you to the bed their hellfire searing your skin as you begged for freedom.

Put my heart inside a closed case
Make those dreams come out now to stay
Bring those old fears, try to mix them
Pretend this will happen one day
You jolted awake in your lavish bed. Your silk gown drenched in cold sweat. The male sleeping beside you stirred.

"Is everything alright my love?" Asked  Mug as he sat up.

You just sat there, clinging to him as you recalled that dreaded nightmare.

No matter how much time has passed, that ghost still haunts you.

You were born a commoner, taken as a slave, rescued by a brave night, and became a queen.

Put my heart inside a closed case
Let the wounds pay all the left debts
Make this night be an insane date
Pretend all this happened one day

(Ah…)

Mug just held you for as long as you needed him to. He leaned back, pulling the covers up around you as you shook. He kissed you delicately as he whispered in your ear.

"It's alright, it's all over. He's gone. He can't hurt you anymore"

[Okay just putting it out there. The combination of tired AF and sick AF leads to strange chapters. But hey, I got only 18 chapters to go before putting this puppy to bed. Then I can finish the rest of my shit yay!]