little talks

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Hey! Hey! Hey!

I don't like walking around this old and empty house
So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear
When the studio disaster had occurred, you and the rest of the 'happy' skeleton crew were sent to do one last task. Joey set up a little game.

The building is flooding so you had to go through the dilapidated rooms of the abandoned workshop to find the pieces to fix the machine.

You were terrified, ink cascaded the walls like blood while half of the light fixtures quit working. It was dark and gloomy with whispers of death clawing through the vents.

Sammy took your hand, giving it a firm squeeze as the others departed.

"Don't worry my little lamb, we'll go together. I promise you, I will protect you"

You smiled as you nodded and followed him into darkness.

The stairs creak as I sleep,
It's keeping me awake
It's the house telling you to close your eyes
That was two years ago.

You now laid in the makeshift bed as the stairs and hallways creaked and groaned. You were restless, your nerves shot as you recall the beasts you've encountered here.

The door opened as footsteps shuffled you way. You sat up shaking like a leaf in a storm.

"Sammy?!" You whispered panicked as the figure drew closer.

His ink dredged body sat along the edge beside you. Pulling off his mask he spoke softly hushing you.

"Shh, yes it's me. Just close your eyes and rest now. You're safe my dear" he pecked you on the cheek before curling up with you.

And some days I can't even trust myself
It's killing me to see you this way
There were days where Sammy wasn't quite himself. It was like he was slipping away from you. This place did things to good people, and the thought of losing the last hope you had killed you on the inside.

'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore
Sammy knew of only one thing left to do. He had to get you out while he still could. This place wasn't safe for you, not with him in such a sorry state.

You looked at him as he was deep in thought. Gently you removed his mask and kissed him. No matter how tough the road going home gets, you promised that you would get out together.

Hey! Hey! Hey!

There's an old voice in my head
That's holding me back
Well tell her that I miss our little talks
Slowly, the ink began consuming you too. You often got lost inside your own head just trying to keep yourself together.

Sammy noticed how you weren't as talkative as you used to be. In fact you hardly spoke at all anymore. He missed the sound of your voice.

Soon it will all be over, and buried with our past
We used to play outside when we were young
And full of life and full of love
You and Sammy looked at old photos left to rot in the office. Memories of a better time emerged. Picnics and personal concerts he performed in the park on dates with you, running through the downpour in the summer, your laugh, your sweet sweet laughter that he loved so dearly. God he wished he could go back to those days.

Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right.
Your mind is playing tricks on you my dear
Delirium settled in on poor Sam. One moment he knew exactly where he was going, and in a blink he was lost in a hallway he's traversed a million times over the thirty years.

You would simply smile, put your hand on his shoulder and point.

"It's alright just take a second to breathe and regain your focus. It's this way, right?" You'd say sparingly.

"You're right, this way. Thank you darling" he'd reply as he kissed you and pressed on.

'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore
The deeper you traveled, the worse your conditions became. You were stuck here until your saviour chooses to set you free, that much was evident by now. Still you carried on to safety, to find a place where the demon can't touch you.

Hey!
Don't listen to a word I say
Hey!
The screams all sound the same
Hey!
When you finally found Susie, it was clear that she was long gone. She was consumed by her work. She became Alice Angel, the character who's role was stolen from her by Joey.

Though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore
Sammy felt triumph as he finally found a safe haven that 'Bendy' could not reach.

You're gone, gone, gone away,
I watched you disappear
All that's left is a ghost of you
Now we're torn, torn, torn apart,
there's nothing we can do,
Just let me go, we'll meet again soon
Just as you grew comfortable in your new home, tragedy struck. That man, that traitor who fled thirty years ago, came and robbed you of the only thing you had left to hold dear.

You sat there cradling his body as Henry once again fled deeper into the abyss.

"Go my love, escape this place. We will be together again before you know it" he sputtered before falling lifeless in your arms.

Now wait, wait, wait for me, please hang around
I'll see you when I fall asleep
You took a few moments to gather yourself before leaving your home. You kissed him goodbye as you followed the path Henry took.

Hey!
Don't listen to a word I say
Hey!
The screams all sound the same
Hey!
You were on your own now with nothing but a rusty axe and your lover's mask. The screams of the damned grew louder the further you strayed from home.

Though the truth may vary
this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore
The truth was you knew there was no way out. Joey made sure of it. Nevertheless you will press on. For you, for your friends, for Sammy.

Hey!
Don't listen to a word I say
Hey!
The screams all sound the same
Hey!
The screams were deafening by the time you reached the machine. Henry waited patiently, as if he expected you.

Though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore
Carefully, you treaded through the black lake and treaded through the doorway into the demon's lair.

Though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore
You met with the demon as he confronted Henry. Instead of running away, you shielded him from the deadly blow.

Though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

Your vision faded as the world ended for you. When you opened your eyes again, Sammy stood above you, offering his hand.

"I told you we'd meet again" he grinned pulling you up into his arms and kissed you.