seizensetsu

If I seemed to be,A

If I seemed to be,
A

demon--or a deity,
Then just for a bit,
Let's acknowledge me as such.
You were considered cruel. A monster who relished in pain and agony. You were a demon, a follower of the devil almighty.

Even though,
I know,
Just like you, my blood still flows.
But, you were nothing more than his puppet and were thrown away, left to take the heat of the destruction caused. You were especially hated by a rabbit named Oswald. It was your fault that his wife was dead. You tried to explain otherwise, but he wouldn't listen. You weren't immortal, nor did you claim to be. You were nothing but a pile of worthless ink and blood.

I hear every word,
And can feel every touch.
The smiles from before,
Are present, nevermore.
You didn't bother trying to defend yourself anymore. You took on every scream and every punch. There was no happiness to be found in this death riddled town. You took your rest on the park bench under your tattered trench coat. You had nowhere to go, no one to turn to. Blood soaked your clothes and bruises stained your  skin.

And your innocence,
Has corrupted to the core,
And if I'm to blame,
For starting up this game,
Oswald walked past in the rain. He spotted you trying to take shelter under the ripped coat. It was cold and you were soaked. You looked like Ortensia did when she would get caught in a surprise downpour. Only you were more pitiful looking. He had every right and reason to hate you, but something told him that treating you like this was wrong.

Then I ask you do the same.
Kill me and hate me,
and cast me from your heart.
He approached you, holding his umbrella over both your heads. A deep blush dusted his cheeks as he cleared his throat before speaking.

"You're gonna get sick being out here like that"

"Will I? Well, Let's hope it kills me!" You said smiling genuinely .

"What? Why would you want that?!" He was appalled.

"Wouldn't that make you happier? It seems to be what everyone else wants" you said not meeting his gaze as you stated down at your reflection kicking at the puddle below.

Please destroy me completely,
and tear this 'me' apart.
If the words I say decay,
and the redness melts away,
"Why would your death make me happy? Why would it make anyone happy?"

"I've done horrible things to all of you. So many deaths happened because I was chosen to be the pawn in someone else's game. I deserve things worse that what death would give" you said smiling weakly up at him.

Won't you give me this chance?
Will you please let me fade?
Mask denial for me,
"That's enough of that foolish talk. Come on, can't have you dying when there's still time to redeem yourself" he said blushing while holding his hand out.

Smile for me.
Kill the cruelty.
No regrets, this way's best,
Pray I finally find peace.
You were in awe. This man who hated you more than anyone here, was being so kind to Someone who didn't deserve mercy. You smiled gratefully and took his hand, following him to what you assumed was his home. It was a nice three story to compensate room for the plethora of bunnies running about.

You giggled as they happily welcomed you into their home. Oswald handed you a stack of clothes with a towel and showed you the bathroom.

Someone smile at me,
Just a while for me,
Grasp my hand and make it alright.
You took a shower and put on the clean clothes offered to you. It was a nice sun dress. It must've belonged to his wife before her passing.

Walking out, you tied your hair up with a little bit of ribbon you found in the children's craft box. Ozzy was speechless. You looked stunning in that dress. He bought it for Ortensia, but she never got to wear it. You blushes as he took your hand again, leading you to a small guest room.

"Get some rest. It's late" he said leaving you with your thoughts.

Kill me in every way,
It will be okay.
Kill me and hate me,
and cast me from your heart.
Your head throbbed as the prosthetics irritated you. Gently, you plucked the band gluing your 'horns' in place from off your head. You weren't his pawn anymore, so you didn't need those anymore. You pulled the frizzy wig off, revealing your sleek, straight hair and flicked up your large ears. A faux demon transforming back into the small bat that the devil had kidnapped and enslaved.

Please destroy me completely,
and tear this 'me' apart.
Someone smile at me,
Morning came and you were burrowed under the blankets. You popped out, finding Oswald had left you more clothes. It was chilly out today so he had a hoodie out for you. You brushed your hair and put it up before pulling the hood over your ears.

Just as you entered the dining room, a bunny ran past wearing your wig and horns. You froze, this was not gonna be good.

"So, I see you're not actually a demon" he said casually as he placed your plate before you.

"Are you angry? "

"No. Were you......were you a.....a"

"A slave? Yes. I was no older than your little ones when I was taken away"

" I'm so sorry to hear that. What are you anyway? If you don't mind me asking"

Just a while for me,
Grasp my hand and make it alright.
Kill me in every way,
You pulled down the hood, revealing your large bat ears. He smiled, it was nice to see you getting more comfortable around him.

"Well, you're off to a good start to turning your life around"

"Yeah, it feels good to be myself again. No more pretending in order to please a crowd" you smiled.

"I'm sure Ortensia would've loved you if she gotten a chance to meet you"

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll meet real soon" you said.

So you'll finally...
Be okay.
Ozzy was put off by what you said. What did you mean?

You left the house, walked towards the cemetery with a bouquet. You walked back towards the hate and were met with a scythe piercing your stomach. You had been running from death for a long time and now he's finally caught up. You were found the next day by Ozzy.

You were cold as the grave. No wounds marked you, like you died in your sleep. You were leaning against the tree beside her grave, a smile on your face as you finally passed on.

(A/n yo it's me! So....I'm sorry if this confused you guys. If you would like me to explain wtf was going on lemme know. Sometimes is comes out better in my head than it does on here)