crossfire

He'd trade his guns for loveBut he's caught in the crossfireAnd he keeps wakin' upBut it's not to the sound of birds

But he's caught in the crossfire
And he keeps wakin' up
But it's not to the sound of birds

Norman took another glance at the photo above his desk before adjusting the lens on his deformed form. He scoffed as he remembered a time he always complained about constantly cleaning his old dirty glasses. If he only knew then what he knows now, he would've quit way back when Sammy went nuts and kicked everyone out of the music department.

Now he just wishes he could go back to the days when his career wasn't literally his new life. Norman could use a morning where he didn't wake up in a swimming pool of ink with wires protruding through his body. There were days he was in so much pain, he could scream. But without a voice, his emotions could only be displayed through his visibly distressed and violent actions.

The tyranny
The violent streets
Deprived
Of all that we're blessed with
And we can't get enough, no

You woke up after harshly falling through the floor of the studio lobby. You were soaked to the bone in cold sticky ink. You got up, dusted yourself off, and grabbed the axe from the table.

"I swear to god Joey, when I get out of here, I'm gonna ring your bloody neck for this shit" you grumbled as you walked downstairs.

"Holy fuck! it's so cold and gross!" you shrieked as you dropped chest deep into the black liquid.

You still kept going, even though you were freezing from the ink. You were ecstatic when you saw Norman's booth. You ran up the steps only to see it empty. Your photo framed just above his cluttered desk. 

Heaven if you sent us down
So we could build a playground
For the sinners
To play as saints
You'd be so proud of what we made

You now stood, tied up to a wooden beam like a witch of the Salem trials. Your ears rang like a cathedral bell as the culprit rambled on in front of you. He grabbed your face with his sticky hands.

"That face! You seem so familiar to me" he said.

You recognized the voice immediately.

"Of course you recognize me, you idiot! I worked in the same department as Norman!" you growled at him.

"No matter, a sacrifice is a sacrifice! My lord shall be pleased with one as lovely as you~" Sammy loosely teased as he walked towards the door.

"Sammy! Let me out this instant! Sammy! Samuel!" you screamed as the door slammed shut behind him. 

I hope you got some beds around
Cause' you're the only refuge now
For every mother
Every child
Every brother
That's caught in the crossfire

The vents above rattled and rumbled, like something was crawling furiously through them. You struggled, pulling at your restraints which only resulted in rope burns on your arms. Tears burned at the corners of your eyes. Was this really how you'd die? Sammy's voice boomed through the speakers.