purple sky

as the evening skysettles weary mindsand you sit and watchas the colors findtheir placesa smile on your face

as the evening sky
settles weary minds
and you sit and watch
as the colors find
their places
a smile on your face

Cup smiled as he watched the sunset over the isles. All the hard work he and Mug did, was finally over. Peace finally reigned over the isles. The devil and his casino were shut down, the debtors were released, and the lackeys dispersed. Now Cup has all the time in the world to enjoy the small moments like this.

when the purple clouds
take over the sky
looks of wonder shine
in your pretty eyes
and you pray
to never leave this place

"Cup! It's time for supper!" He heard you call from the back door.

You stood there, brushing the flour off of yourself as you waited for him to come inside.

"I'm coming, (y/n)!" he happily called back as he ran up the hill back to the house.

lilac heavens beam
through a mauveine dream
surrounded by such beauty and grace
fall asleep
and wake
you've disappeared
without a trace

Cup ate his dinner and then promptly went to bed. Although peace washed over the other people, peace was not in his dreams. He still had vivid nightmares of the hell he fought through. The most terrifying event in them, was you being taken away from him.

dreams and reality
mean nothing anymore
a purple sky
born in your mind
with violet stars galore

You often overheard his muffled cries and would go in his room to help. You couldn't erase those memories, but you could at least bring him some peace at mind. You'd cradle his head in your lap as you sang a calming lullaby. 

Tonight however, you were able to hear his mumbling clear enough to know why he was so upset. Tears dripped from your eyes, waking him. His own bleary, tear filled eyes slid open to see you. Cup was confused at first, until he realized that he must've been talking in his sleep again.

happiness comes and goes
but now it's here to stay
a blessing from the stars
finding peace every day

Cup sat up and embraced you. Both of your breaths were shaky. You felt him lean towards your ear.

"It'll be alright. I'm gonna be fine. One day at a time, the pain fades away. We both know that this sadness won't last forever"

"So tomorrow, let's be happy okay?" you said holding tighter.