😔first burn

Felix x reader
TheNicePrincess23

I saved every letter you wrote meFrom the moment I saw youI knew you were mineYou said you were mineI thought you were mine

From the moment I saw you
I knew you were mine
You said you were mine
I thought you were mine

You sat in your room reading over letters that you received from Felix. You met him at a book signing party. He was an inspiring author and the moment your eyes locked, you knew he was meant to be yours.

You were convinced that he was yours.

Do you know what Angelica said
When I told her what you'd done?
She said

Your friend Ruby had spread rumors of you getting engaged to Felix after you came home wearing a promise ring.

Of course her sister Angelica had to stick her nose where it didn't belong.

"You have married an Icarus
He has flown too close to the sun"

That's what you were told in several different ways by several different people.

To them he either wasn't good enough or he was out of your league.

Don't take another step in my direction
I can't be trusted around you
Don't think you can talk your way
Into my arms, into my arms

You were heartbroken when you walked in on Felix with his arms around another girl.

"Darling, sweetheart, look I can explain"

"I don't want to hear it. It's over Felix"

I'm burning the letters you wrote me
You can stand over there if you want
I don't know who you are
I have so much to learn
I'm re-reading your letters
And watching them burn (burn)

You cried as you read every love letter and poem and even more so as you set them all ablaze.

Felix stumbled back into his apartment. His body was trembling as painful sobbing racked him.

How could he be so stupid as to fall for that girl's trick.

I'm watching them burn (burn)

Felix watched as smoke and flames bellowed out of your balcony window. In a panicked state of mind, he rushed towards your complex.

In a blink of an eye, he bound up the stairs past the crowd exiting the building. Felix kicked in the door, you were unconscious in the middle of the living room floor.

The fire engulfed the doorway behind him, leaving the other balcony the only way out.

Carefully, he lifted you on to his back. Felix made his way towards the balcony in the back of the apartment in your room. As he passed through he glanced over at the photo on the nightstand.

It was of the two of them on their first date. Shaking his head, he returned his focus to the issue at hand. Felix had to get you out of there.

He scaled down the rough iron fire escape and delivered you to the idle paramedics. He hopped in the back with you without a second thought.

You published the letters she wrote to you
You told the whole world
How you brought this girl into our bed
In clearing your name, you have ruined our lives

Felix sat in the chair next to your bed. Every letter he had received from you was in his hand. He had told the whole goddamned world that he loved you the day he proposed. Oh how he loved to brag about how he came home to such an angel- no. You were his goddess and he was nothing more than a worthless worm grovelling at your feet.

Heaven forbid someone whisper

"He's part of some scheme"

Your enemy whispers

So you have to scream

Angelica was across the hall, gossiping all too loudly for him not to hear. She rambled on how he was the reason you went crazy. It was his fault that the complex was set ablaze and it was his fault that you were in such poor condition.

Felix clenched his fist, gritted his teeth and stomped over to the other room. With undying rage and guilt suffocating  him, he let his voice be heard as he screamed at her.

I know about whispers

I see how you look at my sister

Don't

I'm not naive

I have seen women around you
Don't

Think I don't see

How they fall for your charms
All your charms

Angelica waited for Felix to fall silent before pointing her bubblegum pink acrylic nails at him.

"I saw how you acted around Ruby. I'm not stupid. In fact I've seen how you act around all the women in your life. You pick them up, tell them that their special, get bored of them, leave, and start again. I won't let you do that to her. I won't let you turn her into another Eliza"

I'm erasing myself from the narrative
Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted
When you broke her heart
You have thrown it all away
Stand back, watch it burn
Just watch it all burn

Felix froze at the mention of his first love. He left her blindly without any notice or sign that things weren't working out between them. He came back to the apartment a week later to gather his things, only to find her hanging from a noose in the living room. Ashes from burnt photos scattered on the floor.

And when the time comes

Explain to the children

The pain and embarrassment

You put their mother through

He still remembers having to explain to her mother why she hadn't heard from her little girl all day. He remembers explaining that in front of Eliza's two year old twin siblings.

When will you learn

That they are your legacy?
We are your legacy

If you thought you were mine (mine, mine)
Don't

Felix had nothing to retort back. Instead, he turned to go back to your room. But, when he looked up, the room was empty.

The oxygen mask tossed to the side and IV line dripping fluid freely onto the floor. A message scrawled on the white board.

Felix dropped to his knees. The wind was sucked out of him. A dreadful cold cloaking his body. So much grief that not even tears willed themselves to fall. And all of this over one word.

Goodbye