angel

You're like a light within the dark just like an angel (Angel yeah)You're breathing life into my heart just like an angel (Angel yeah)And you lead me through the darkest time                                                                         ...

You're breathing life into my heart just like an angel (Angel yeah)
And you lead me through the darkest time                                                                                                   Gonna leave this world behind

You were the belle of the isle, the jewel of the small town where Cup and Mug lived. Every guy on the isle pined for your love and affection. Mug was no exception, he loved you more than any of these other schmucks. You two have practically been joined at the hip since birth. It was a wonder that the two of you weren't together yet. The whole isle swore up and down that you two were a match made in heaven.

Then came that dark hour where Mug had to tell you goodbye and hope it wasn't for forever.  Even though you knew what they were venturing off to do, you smiled and wished them good luck. As Mug turned to leave, you grabbed his hand and clasped your bracelet around his wrist.

Angel! Take me to a better place
Where I see those brighter days
Angel! Lets seize the day
(Seize the day)
And break away
(Break away)

"What's this (y/n)?"

"My favorite bracelet!" you chirped in response.

"Why would you give it to me?" he asked looking down at the gold/silver charmed band.

"You'll need where you're going"

"For what?" Mug was confused.

"For good luck, silly! Everytime you look at it, I want you to remember that I'm rooting for you" you said kissing him on the cheek.

Mug left that day, flustered but determined. He was gonna see this through and come back to you. Any bit of fear he had was magically gone because he had your lucky bracelet. 

My angel
You raise me up when I am down
Just like an angel
(Angel yeah)
I feel the love when you're around
Just like an angel
(Angel yeah)

The journey was tough, but slowly, they made it through each obstacle. Each day, they were one step closer to going home. Mug could hardly wait to see your bright smiling face as he reached the top of the hill back into town. That one bit of hope, that one dream, was all he had to keep him going.

And you lead me through the darkest time
Gonna leave this world behind
Angel! Take me to a better place
Where I see those brighter days
Angel! Let's seize the day
(Seize the day)
And break away
(Break away)

After months of travelling and fighting, the onslaught was finally over. With the casino gone, there was only one thing left for the brothers to do. Go home.

My angel
And when I cry you're always there to dry my tears
A single word from you can take away my fears
I hang on to you baby
Just you and I
You gotta spread your wings and fly

Battered, bruised, Cracked and battle worn, Mug staggered over the hill. Cup had already hustled back to Elder Kettle's for a long night's rest. Mug however limped tiredly to your doorstep. You received a letter earlier that day, telling you that he was on his way home.

Mug knocked on the door. Once, twice, three times, but there was no answer. He turned the handle to find the door was unlocked. He peeked inside, it was dark as it was late in the evening. Mug peered over at the daybed by the window to see you propped up and asleep. You stayed up as late as you could in hopes to greet him when he returned. Mug smiled as he slipped the bracelet back onto your wrist.

Angel! Take me to a better place
Where I see those brighter days
Angel! Let's seize the day
(Seize the day)
And break away
(Break away)
My angel

You stirred, waking up to a foreign warmth as you felt someone or something grasp your hand. The soft clinking of the charms, snapped you out of you dreamy state. You sat up wide eyed as you locked onto the figure before you. The moonlight was dim, but bright enough to show you the sapphire eyes of the blue clad male you waited so desperately to see.

My angel

"Good evening sleeping beauty, sorry to wake you" he blushed rubbing the back of his head.

"You're late" you said hiding a smile.

"Sorry, the ferry back was late due to the sudden increase in passengers, and Cup and I-" he was cut off.

"Welcome home Muggy!" you said leaping into his arms, hugging him.

Angel

He sat there with you, telling you every detail of his adventure before you chimed in.

"So, it looks like my lucky charm worked after all, didn't it?" you smiled brightly as you took in all the scars and marks on him.

"Well, lucky charms always work when an angel like you hands them out" the words slipped from his mouth before he could think them through.

His face burned bright red as he realized what he just said and waited to hear you laugh in his face cruelly. 

"An angel, me? Is that so?" you lightly chuckled at his reaction.

Mug looked down in shame, he felt so stupid for using those words.

"I guess that makes me YOUR angel then, doesn't it?"

Mugs head snapped up as he felt his lips lock with yours.

"Yeah~ My angel~" he sighed dreamily as he held you closer, falling asleep on the daybed.