crime and punishment

Hey you, if you had the ears that I have, then I wouldSing you a song from my heart but I just wonder if you'd hear me?You looked over at your childhood friend as you thought of a way to break the news to him

Sing you a song from my heart but I just wonder if you'd hear me?
You looked over at your childhood friend as you thought of a way to break the news to him.

Hey you, if you had the heart that I have, then I would
Flood you with all of my love but I wonder if you'd feel me?
Sammy smiled as he glanced over at you as you worked on the score sheets for him. He's been working up the courage to confess his feelings to you all day.

Hey, if you'll hate me at some point, I might as well just
Kill myself and save me from this misery 'cause
If I cannot earn your love, you don't need me at all, at all, at all
Baah~
You had just found out from your doctor that you had stage two cancer. You were already scheduled to go for a week of chemotherapy treatment. You were gonna be gone for a while.

You wanted to get some stuff off your chest before you go. It wasn't certain that this aggressive form of treatment would work, so you may not be able to return.

Hey you, "If only you had", it won't get me moving
But I would not move ahead even if I just could
Sammy unfortunately, heard the news from your twin sister Susie. He was heartbroken, but that didn't change the fact that he still loved you. Susie was always jealous of that.

"Do it slow" + "How do we?" + "Ready go" = And I'm gone
I would not play with a knife, but there's no choice, it's my life
'Cause if I were to decline, I'd really not be worth a thing
In your eyes, not a thing, demise
Sammy took your hand and went with you to the clinic. He took time off work seeing as he already made his quota for the week and could afford it. After three sessions, your hair had already fallen out. Henry's wife, Linda, hand knitted you a hat as a get well soon gift.

Your strength ebbed away with each treatment. You were in a wheelchair before the week was up.

Hey, if I'll hate you at some point, you might just love the me
But it no longer cares about your feelings
She that needs you now is gone, she is forever gone, she's gone
Hey you, it hurts, you know
You and Sammy never got the chance to make your confessions. When you were asked to come back for another round, things took a turn for the worse. You went into a coma.

Sammy felt hollow and emotionless. He could no longer love you the way you deserved. The doctors say it would be a miracle if you ever woke up again.

Hey you, if you had the ears that I have, then I would
Sing you a song from my heart but I just wonder if you'd
Although you couldn't respond, you heard every word he poured out from the bottom of his heart for you.

Hey you, if you had the heart that I have, then I would
Flood you with all of my love but I wonder if you'd
You struggled for almost a month to regain consciousness. Sammy came by every day, and each day he looked worse for wear. Of course the others visited as well, except for Joey.

I don't need to reach your ears you are defending
I don't need to fill your heart, this is my ending
All I need is all the pain hidden inside you
That's my only way to mend, in the end
One day, as Sammy was leaving, you finally woke. His hand was slowly letting go of yours and you grasped it before he could get away.

He gasped as he sat on the edge of the bed, his free hand stroking your cheek. Your eyes fluttered open, locking on the blurred figure before you.

In a low hoarse voice, you said the only thing that mattered to that man.

"Hey Sam, I love you"

"I love you too. Everything is going to be alright" he whispered back as he kissed the back of your cold hands.