turn off the lights

I got so sick of being on my ownNow the devil won't leave me aloneIt's almost like I found a friendWho's in it for the bitter endCup scoffed as he boarded the ferry to get off the inkwell isles

Now the devil won't leave me alone
It's almost like I found a friend
Who's in it for the bitter end
Cup scoffed as he boarded the ferry to get off the inkwell isles. Just who did that greedy, yellow-eyed, cheating bastard think he was to give out orders.

"Go into Easel City. Find those brats who have the map to the machine" he mocked the devils voice.

"*sigh* And kill them before they can find the first piece. How many times are you gonna repeat that? Mug and I were there, we heard" you groaned.

He had repeated the same orders at least twelve times before boarding and at least six more times while packing bags. You loved him, but if he said it one more time......you were gonna have Mug shoot you.

Cup didn't ask you to come along. You swore that they would never go through this crap alone again. You promised their father and uncle that you would look after them.

Our consciences are always so much heavier than our egos

I set my expectations high
So nothing ever comes out right

Cup sighed as he looked at your tense form. He didn't want to drag you into this mess. If Mug would've kept his mouth shut, you would've never known.

So shoot a star on the boulevard tonight

I think I'll figure it out with a little more time
But who needs time...?

Time was of the essence. If the three of you didn't off those dweebs, it was your heads.

None of you even knew what these 'kids' even looked like. In other words you were shooting blindly in the dark, looking for a needle in the haystack.

Turn off the lights, turn off the lights

Turn on the charm for me tonight
I've got my heavy heart to hold me down
You eventually found the brothers and after a month's worth of trauma and trouble, you had become allies. Cup said it was all just some facade and that they were gonna strike when the bros least expected it. But inside you knew that wasn't true, You knew this boy too well.

Once it falls apart my head's in the clouds

So I'm taking every chance I got
Like the man I know I'm not

You walked in the motel room. You and Cup agreed to share one since Mug stays in the bigger one with the bros. Cup was sitting out on the balcony.

It was a warm summer night and he was leaning his back against the cool railing as he smoked his cigarette. You could tell from the dark circles under his eyes that something was eating at him.

So sick of wasting all my time

How in God's name did I survive?
I need a little sympathy
To sore my insecurities
You joined him out there, sitting in the cool metal chair at the table. He seemed to grow nervous and tense at your presence. But he remained silent.

"Is that how it's gonna be huh? Boy you're stubborn" you said sighing at the fact he won't come out with it.

"What are you going on about?" he retorted playing ignorant.

"Cup, don't play me for stupid. I've been around you since we were babies. I would know damn well when something's bugging you"

Our consciences are always so much heavier than our egos

I set my expectations high
So nothing ever comes out right

"Heh you always were too clever to fool" he half smirked.

"Humor me. What's eating at you?"

"Lots of things (y/n)"

"Like?"

"Do we really have no choice but to kill these guys? I mean, isn't there anything we can do to get out of this alive? This just isn't fair"

So shoot a star on the boulevard tonight

I think I'll figure it out with a little more time
But who needs time...?

"I know what you mean Cup. Who's to say that even if we follow orders, that we won't be killed anyway? The devil isn't exactly known for playing fair"

"I know and with you being with us, that puts your life on the line with ours. I don't wanna take any chances that could end with losing you"

Turn off the lights, turn off the lights

Turn on the charm for me tonight
I've got my heavy heart to hold me down
"Sweetie, I knew what I was walking into from the start. This is my 'ride or die' mission, and you're stuck with me until the bitter end"

Cup looked at you shocked. His cigarette fell to the ground as he walked over to you.

Once it falls apart my head's in the clouds

So I'm taking every chance I got
Like the man I know I'm not

You were afraid that you said something wrong as he came towards you rather quickly. In a blink you were sitting there, cradling Cup as he cried into your shoulder. He had dropped to his knees before your chair and sobbed for the first time since you were children. 

A heavy heart on the boulevard tonight, oh

Shooting stars watch me fall apart tonight, whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh

You too started tearing up. You cared so much for this stubborn, reckless, empty-headed dummy. You were ready and willing to give up everything for him. 

Turn off the lights, turn off the lights

Turn on the charm for me tonight
I've got my heavy heart to hold me down
You were both exhausted from everything hitting you so fast and so hard. You didn't have the energy to lift yourself from the lounger to go to bed.

Cup sat up. His eyes red and puffy from crying. He stood, wiping the tears off with his sleeve.

Once it falls apart my head's in the clouds

So I'm taking every chance I got
Like the man I know I'm not

(Oh whoa, oh whoa, oh whoa
Oh whoa, oh whoa, oh whoa)

He looked at your tired form seeing  you could barely stay awake. This boy could be a real pain in the ass and a jerk sometimes, but he was too much of a gentleman at heart to leave you out on the balcony. Swiftly, Cup scooped you up into his arms as if you weighed nothing. He carried you over to the king-sized bed and laid you down gently, before crawling in afterwards. His arms pulling you to the coolness of his porcelain chest.