I want my life back

I look but can't see

What choice is to be
I try but I can't see so far
It's just too hard

You were scared as you ventured into the depths of the studio. You didn't know what the hell that thing was that crawled out of the ink machine, but you didn't wanna stick around to find out. Sadly though, instead of going out the way you came, you fell through the rotted floor. There was a knot on the back of your head, ink filling your new shoes, and your clothes were torn.

I wander alone
So blinded by home
I speak to the moon and the stars
Saying it's just too hard.

Sammy sighed, another crash meant more things to repair. He walked down the corridor to replace the cutout. He paused a minute, hearing one of his old tapes being played. Those old recorders go off at random sometimes. Out of old habit, he called out in response.

"I said, can I get an amen!" he smirked until he heard something unexpected.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Please, I need help" you spoke softly.

You waded through the inky passage to the newly opened gate. Just as you neared the doorway, one of those ink ridden ghouls rose up in front of you. Your foot was stuck in the muck below and it was getting too close for comfort. You screamed for help, though you weren't counting on anyone hearing you. 

I want my life back
I want my life back
I want my life how it used to be
Completely free.

You fell back into the sludge below, bracing yourself for death's embrace.

"Get back to your puddle, you filthy wretch!" a male's voice shouted as the creature disappeared with a splat.

You gazed up at your savior. He was tall, shirtless man. His skin was black as the ink you were covered in and he wore a mask made from an old cutout.

He knelt over, offering his hand to you.

"Are you alright? That searcher didn't hurt you, did it?" he asked, helping you up.

When you finally got up on your feet, you noticed that your shoe was gone completely. You groaned, knowing you'd never find it in all that  ink.

"Yes, I'm fine, more or less. My clothes are ruined and my shoe is gone, plus I'm trapped in this infernal hell that Mr. Drew created. So you know, doin' peachy" you said sarcastically.

I sing of the light
So shiny and bright
But now I can't see in the dark
It's just too hard

He chuckled, taking a liking to your familiar attitude.

"Oh trust me, I more than understand sweetheart. What's your name darling?"

"It's (Y/n), (Y/n) Franks"

"Ah, so you must be related to Mr. Wallace! The name's Sammy, Sammy Lawrence" he replied leading you into the music department.

"Yeah Wally's my brother. I came here looking for him"

"Well Ms. Franks, I'd be happy to help you search for him. If you'd like, there's an area here where you can wash up. There's some clothes left here by Ms. Campbell that I can get you"

"Thank you, I'd really appreciate that Mr. Lawrence"

"Please, call me Sammy"

"Alright, Sammy" you chuckled. 

I look to the skies
I need no more lies
All I want is straight from the heart
Is that just too hard?

The music director blushed hearing the way his name rolled off your tongue. But, his state of bliss was short lived as he caught a glimpse at his reflection. He grimaced at his corrupted, disfigured form. Just what would a fair beauty like you find attractive in a monster like him.

I want my life back
I want my life back
I want my life how it used to be
To be
To be...

You overheard the conversation he was having with himself. You were pretty sure that you weren't meant to hear a word of what he was saying, but you couldn't help but feel bad for him. You've seen pictures of him before the studio's fall, and he was quite a handsome man. In your eyes, he was still a handsome gentleman.

You slowly approached him. You needed his assistance to zip up the back of the dress.

"Excuse me Sammy, could I get your assistance for a moment?"

"Of course!" he said zipping up the dress, admiring how flawless and delicate your skin is compared to his.

I want my life back
I want my life back
I want my life how it used to be
To be
To be...

You twirled back around, the dress fluttering around you. Taking a step forward, you lifted up his mask.

"What are you doing!?" he asked startled.

"A charming, handsome man like yourself shouldn't talk so negatively" you replied planting a kiss to his inky lips.

His arms wrapped firmly around you, holding you close as he savored the taste of the lipgloss you wore. When you parted, he was left with a somewhat dreamy gaze on his mostly featureless face. You giggled and took his hand.

"Let's get going shall we? Maybe if we're lucky, we'll find a way out of here" you said smiling.

"Yeah, lets go" Sammy had the goofiest grin on his face as he took your hand and fixed his mask.