mirrors

Aren't you somethin' to admireCause your shine is somethin' like a mirrorAnd I can't help but noticeYou reflect in this heart of mine

Cause your shine is somethin' like a mirror
And I can't help but notice
You reflect in this heart of mine

Mug couldn't help but admire you in all your beauty from across the park. You were something special. Apart from being a pretty little gal, you were classy with a side of sass. You were the kind of girl who could strut around in a nice dress, then kick butt while putting on lipstick. There was nothing about you that he didn't absolutely love.

If you ever feel alone and
The glare makes me hard to find
Just know that I'm always
Parallel on the other side

Although you were a tough girl to crack, you didn't stand a chance with half the baddies that he and his brother battled. To be honest, you were terrified when he left. He was never known to be much of a fighter. When he left, he looked at you and told you something that made you feel special.

"Listen (y/n), no matter where you are, just remember that I'm  on the other side fighting for ya" He smiled as he started his journey down the road.

Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul
I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go
Just put your hand on the glass
I'll be tryin' to pull you through
You just gotta be strong

You grabbed his hand one last time.

"And I'll be here, waiting and rooting for ya" You hugged him before he said his last goodbyes.

You knew deep down that he'd be alright. No matter how hard the fight, he had Cup and together they'll be alright.

Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that set in my heart
Is a space that now you hold

The entire time that he spent away from you was lonesome and hard. Mug longed to go back home. He longed to see you again, to finally tell you the words hidden deep in his heart. You were his other half, his perfect match. No one else could stand in your place.

Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you, baby, it was easy
Comin' back into you once I figured it out
You were right here all along

Mug held his lucky charm close as he reminded himself of his goal. He was doing this for his brother, for his family, for his friends, for the isles, and for you.  The road to victory was hard, but the thought of the goal made it easier. 

It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me.

The devil even went as low as to trick Mug and his brother by creating an illusion. The devil made one of the imps look just like you. Mug hesitated, he didn't want to hurt you.

"Mugman! Watch out ya brewin' idiot!" Cup shouted pushing him out of the way.

Mug watched in horror as his brother shot the imposter.

"It's not her Mugs! She's not here! (Y/n) is back home with Elder Kettle!" So please, get your head in the game dammit!" Cup shouted, pointing out the devil's flawed plan.

Aren't you somethin', an original
Cause it doesn't seem merely as simple
And I can't help but stare, cause
I see truth somewhere in your eyes

Mug was back at the entrance of the now crumbling  casino. The devil was beaten at his own game and the contracts were all broken. The debtors were all free and heading home, just like him and his brother.

I can't ever change without you
You reflect me, I love that about you
And if I could, I
Would look at us all the time

Mug was tired, but happy all the same. He couldn't wait to see your beautiful, happy, smiling face again. Over the ocean and across the isles, back to the village he goes. 

Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul
I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go
Just put your hand on the glass
I'll be tryin' to pull you through
You just gotta be strong

He finally reached the village alone. Cup went off to go see the Baroness at her candy castle. It was early in the afternoon and the villagers were busy with what looked like a small festival.  The square was filled with booths that sold food, clothes, odds and ends or had games to play. People played music and told stories.

Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that set in my heart
Is a space that now you hold

In the center, by the fountain, Mug spotted Grandpa Kettle. He walked towards him, weaving through the crowd. So many familiar faces surrounded him.

Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you, baby, it was easy
Comin' back into you once I figured it out
You were right here all along

The root pack, Cagney, Hilda, even Rumor Honeybottom! Free ex-debtors joining in on such a glorious day.

It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
With anyone else beside of me

Mug smiled, it was nice to see everyone happy again. He scanned the crowd for any trace of you. Hoping that he could pull you out of the busy street for a moment to really talk to you.

And now it's clear as this promise
That we're making
Two reflections into one
Cause it's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me

He was just about to give up when his name was called out.

"Hey! Look everyone, Mug's back!" Moe shouted, pulling him towards the fountain.

Everyone cheered, happy to see their hometown hero back safe and sound.

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow's a mystery
I can see you lookin' back at me
Keep your eyes on me
Baby, keep your eyes on me

Mug blushed, he wasn't big on being the center of attention like his brother was. Mug looked up to see you standing in front of him, happy to see him again.

Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that set in my heart
Is a space that now you hold

He pulled you in for a hug.

"Hey, could we go someplace quieter? There's something I'd like to talk to you about" Mug told you.

"Yeah, we can go to my house. My sisters are out tending to their booth here in the square" you replied leading the way.

Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you baby, it was easy
Comin' back into you once I figured it out
You were right here all along

Mug now stood in your living room. He looked at you nervously. He was scared to finally confess his feelings. It was as if he thought that you held a little voodoo doll of him, ready to stick him in the heart when he asks.

"Mug, are you alright? You look like I just turned myself into a rattlesnake" You asked concerned.

Mug swallowed hard.

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you for a while now" he said tripping over his own words.

"What is it?"

It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me

"I-I-I love you!" he shouted out as his face burned.

He looked down in shame as he heard you giggle. This was it, the moment of rejection. He stilled himself as he felt you come closer. 

"Oh Muggy~ You're so cute~" you giggled as you kissed him.

He instantly melted as he hugged you, kissing you back.

"I love you too Mug"

"I'm happy to finally hear that"