time of dying

On the ground I layMotionless in painI can see my life flashing before my eyesYou stood over Felix, shielding him from the beast that stalked the two of you in circles

On the ground I lay
Motionless in pain
I can see my life flashing before my eyes
You stood over Felix, shielding him from the beast that stalked the two of you in circles. The large tiger glared and growled with blood dripping from it's maw after it had attacked the male below you.

Felix was bleeding profusely. His vision giving out on him.

Did I fall asleep
Is this all a dream?
Wake me up
I'm living a nightmare
His eyes drifted closed and when he opened them again, he wanted to puke.

You were on all fours, shielding his body with your own. Blood dropped through your clenched teeth and cascaded down your back.

I will not die (I will not die)
I will survive
With what strength he had left, he grabbed the spear at his side and planted it beside your bodies. He waited for the tiger to come back to strike.

When it did, it was killed by the spear as it gouged through its throat.

I will not die I'll wait here for you
I feel alive when you're beside me
I will not die I'll wait here for you
In my time of dying
Felix had gotten you to safety as now you are both in the hospital. He laid in the bed next to yours. Thanking whatever deity out there that you had both made it out of the jungle alive.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
I can see my life passing me by
Although he began counting his blessings too soon. Your heart rate crashed. His head swirled with grief as the curtain was pulled to shield you from him.

Was it all too much
Or just not enough?
Wake me up
I'm living a nightmare
The extreme amount of stress caused him to pass out. When he awoke, one of the nurses were checking his vitals.

"Ma'am, how is she? My wife, in the bed beside mine" he asked her.

"She's doing a lot better now. It seemed to be that her stress levels rose dramatically as she began waking up. She must've been extremely worried about you" she said opening the curtain.

I will not die (I will not die)
I will survive
A wave of relief washed over him as he saw you peacefully asleep. The nurse smiled as she nudged the beds closer, allowing Felix to touch you and hold your hand.

I will not die I'll wait here for you
I feel alive when you're beside me
I will not die; I'll wait here for you
In my time of dying
You squirmed in your sleep, feeling something cold touch your face and arm. You opened your eye to see the tearful face of your loving husband.

You smiled as you mewled.

"Felix your hands are like ice!"

"Then would you care to help me warm them up, love?" He smiled back.

I will not die I'll wait here for you
I feel alive when you're beside me
I will not die; I'll wait here for you
In my time of dying
You giggled as he pulled your hand to his face and kissed the back of it.

The doctors told you both that you'd be there for at least another week so your wounds could have time to heal.

I will not die I'll wait here for you
I feel alive when you're beside me
I will not die I'll wait here for you
In my time of dying

To Felix, that was no problem. You were with him, safe and alive, just as it should be.