just like you

Open your eyes and look at meDon't be afraid of what you seeAll along, I knew what you areYou smiled happily as the reformed demon learned to control his smaller form

Don't be afraid of what you see
All along, I knew what you are
You smiled happily as the reformed demon learned to control his smaller form. The brave man that helped him, looked like a proud father with his long lost child.

You absentmindedly kicked an old soup can as you tried to get closer. Panic flooded your veins as you choked on the breath held in your throat.

You dropped to the floor, hands over your face as footsteps drew closer.

The figure crouched before you, arm outstretched and reaching for you.

Calm your mind, and open up your heart
I only know what you been through
I can relate because I'm just like you
"Hey, it's alright miss, I won't hurt you" he assured, taking your hand.

You stood up, revealing your ink-stained face. You were exposed to the plague for a long time when you were working in the hospital. It embarrased you to be seen like this.

"Henry, is she like the others? Are we gonna have to-?" Bendy asked shakily.

"I was infected second hand, not first. I ran the clinic that handled the victims" you said quickly to ease the little one.

We'll never have to be alone again
No reason we should hide it away
In unison we move our bodies
'Til the rhythm of our beating heart
Lights up the day
Henry sighed in relief, he had to take more lives than he preferred already. To hear that you didn't need to be added to the body count was greatly appreciated.

"What brings you here then ma'am? Most of the folks around here left a long time ago" Henry asked as he leaned back against a table.

"I've got nowhere to go. No one will let an afflicted person through city gates. I'm stuck here until I, or the plague dies"

It's not so hard but will you try?
Do you need one more reason why?
Feel the joy in our silent truth
"If that's the case, then it looks like I'm not going anywhere anytime soon either" he said showing that he was infected too.

"If you'd like, I can bring you over to the clinic. It's empty now, but I still get supplies dropped onto the roof" you offered.

"What do you think Bendy? Food, medicine, beds to sleep in, a roof that's not caving in, sounds like a swell deal" Henry asked to small demon who was weary of your presence.

Fill my lungs with the scent of you
I only know what you been through
I can relate because I'm just like you
"What's the catch? You're being awfully nice to people you've just met. I don't wanna sound rude, but what are you getting outta this?" Bendy asked suspiciously.

"Company, for starters. And I'd rather be on the good side of the people who could easily kill me on the spot. It's been lonely here" you answered honestly.

"Alright we'll come with ya. Sorry for the interrogation" he apologized.

"You're apologies aren't necessary. I don't blame you for questioning my intentions. Given what you've been through, it only makes sense" you said leading the way.

We'll never have to be alone again
No reason we should hide it away
In unison we move our bodies
'Til the rhythm of our beating heart
Lights up the day

You started a small fire and began grilling the fish and beef fillets with a few vegetables. You served them the bowls of steaming food.

After a good meal, you all gathered in the sleeping quarters and slept peacefully