I'm still here

I am a question to the worldnot and answer to be Heardor a moment that's held in your armsBendy sat there looking out at the merry group sitting around the campfire

not and answer to be Heard
or a moment that's held in your arms
Bendy sat there looking out at the merry group sitting around the campfire. You were in the center of them, telling everyone how brave he was when the giant mountain spider attacked the two of you.

You praised him so highly ever since he found you on the streets. You were just a kid, no more than eight years old. You looked up to him. He was your 'big brother', or so you called him.

and what do you think you'd ever say

I won't listen anyway
you don't know me
and I'll never be what you want me to be
"You're the best bro ever!" you'd tell him.

"No I'm not. But it's nice that you believe that kiddo" he responded every single time.

It was seven years after the quest had ended. Boris had a fatal accident one day as he was walking home. A driver didn't see him in their blind spot and he was hit and killed. One fateful rainy day, Bendy found you in the same alley that he met Boris in. You were cold, soaked, and alone until he took you in.

Bendy thought that this was his chance to redeem himself. That this was what Boris would've wanted, for Bendy to move on.

and what do you think you'd understand

I'm a boy no, I'm a man
You can't take me and throw me away
And how can you learn what's never shown
Bendy had to grow up and stop being this pitiful crybaby. He had a child to care for. There was nothing that anyone could say to deter his determination. He didn't learn to be a 'parent' overnight.

Yeah you stand here on your own

They don't know me
Cause I'm not here

You stood there in the lobby of an adoption center while Bendy talked to the receptionist in another room. You were scared. Was Bendy going to leave you here?

The other parents in there started whispering, increasing your anxiety. This didn't feel right. You ran out to the park. Bendy walked back in with a signed slip, only to find out that not only did you run off, but nobody stopped you.

And I want a moment to be real

Wanna touch things I don't feel
We want to hold on and feel I belong
He ran after you. You crossed the street and hid in the playground. He was not far behind as he shouted your name.

"(Y/n), (y/n)! Where are you?!"

And how can the world want me to change

They're the ones that stay the same
They don't know me
Cause I'm not here

You stayed quiet, listening to his frantic calls that soon turned to sobbing. Bendy lost Boris, he couldn't bear to lose you too.

And you see the things they never see

All you wanted I could be
Now you know me and I'm not afraid 
And I wanna tell you who I am
You watched him fall to his knees, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Sweetheart.....please.....come back....please" he begged.

It hurt to see him like this. He's never let you see him cry before. You emerged from your hiding spot. You walked over to him tears spilling out as you hugged him.

Can you help me be a man

They can't break me
As long as I know who I am

"I'm sorry! Please....don't leave me! Don't give me away!" you cried gripping his shirt tightly.

He finally realized why you ran and held you tighter.

"Darling, I'd never give you away. You're my sunshine....now and forever" he looked at you kissing your forehead and brushing away the tears.

They can't see me

But I'm still here

"Then why were we in that place? Isn't that where you go to send kids away?"

"Yes, but that's also where you go to take kids"

They can't tell me who to be

Cause I'm not what they see
Yeah, the world is still sleeping 
While I keep on dreaming for me
"I don't understand"

"By the laws of Easel City, you are officially not an orphan"

And their words are just whispers and lies

That I'll never believe

And I want a moment to be real
Wanna touch things I don't feel
We want to hold on and feel I belong
"You mean!" you gasped.

Your heart fluttered at the very thought.

And how can they say I'll never change

They're the ones that stay the same
I'm the one now
Cause I'm still here

"Yes, I love you so much doll" he smiled tears prickling again.

Your eyes filled with tears as you smiled from ear to ear.

I'm the one

Cause I'm still here
I'm still here
I'm still here
I'm still here

You lunged at him, giving him the biggest hug you could muster.

"I love you too!"

"Daddy"