how do you love someone

Momma never told me how to loveDaddy never told me how to feelMomma never told me how to touchDaddy never showed me how to healYou grew up in an emotionally distant family

Daddy never told me how to feel
Momma never told me how to touch
Daddy never showed me how to heal
You grew up in an emotionally distant family. Your parents never displayed much of any sort of affection towards you or each other. When you would get hurt, it was bad. You didn't know how to cope.

Momma never set a good example
Daddy never held momma's hand
Momma found everything hard to handle
Daddy never stood up like a man
Mug didn't know his mother. But from what he was told, she wasn't very good. His father was never shown holding her hand in any of the photos.

His mother was into some very bad habits and didn't know how to quit when she was ahead. His father didn't know how to tell her that enough was enough.

I walked alone, broken
Emotionally frozen
You walked through the halls of the grand high school, completely blank and hallowed. Not a smile nor grimace, graced your pale features.

Mug however, walked around with too much emotion, like a toddler after eating too much sugar.

Getting it on
Getting it wrong
How do you love someone
Without getting hurt
How do you love someone
Mug approached you suddenly. His flurry of happiness and giddiness was to much for you to handle. You ended running off to Bendy and Cup for help.

Mug, disheartened, went to Boris for comfort.

Cup looked over your newly distressed features as Bendy tried to calm you down.

"I want to feel what he feels, but I don't know how to Bendy. What do I do?" You asked clenching handfuls of hair.

"Calm down, just be yourself and do what comes naturally to you. Don't force yourself to feel something" Cup answered instead.

Mug sat and almost cried in front of Boris as he explained what happened.

"Dude, calm down! She's just not used to people being emotional around her. It'll be okay just calm yourself and start over by talking to her" Boris said taking him by the shoulders.

Without crawling in the dirt
So far in my life
Clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone
You approached Mug this time. You fidgeted in your spot. He blushed at the sight of you getting nervous for the first time since meeting you.

He chuckled, causing you to jump. You let out a small squeak in surprise. Soon after a long pause of silence, you both burst out laughing.

How do you love, how do you love someone
"Look at us, gosh this is childish!" You laughed.

Mug instantly fell in love with the sound of it. Your laugh became something he yearned to hear.

I was always the chosen child
The biggest scandal I became
They told me I'd never survive
But survival's my middle name
I walked alone, hoping
It took a couple weeks, but you were slowly learning how to express your emotions. Mug now had to face the act of telling you he had to leave.

Mug and Cup were chosen to be sent off to collect a special contract for the devil. You knew exactly who's contract it was, your parents. You wanted to be there when karma finally came after them.

They said you wouldn't survive without them, that you were nothing without them. Well you don't need them anymore, you have your friends. You have the entire casino! You have Mug, and he alone is all you need.

Just barely coping
Getting it on
You waited at your parent's house, having your last meal under their captivity.

The boys walked in, Mug froze seeing you sitting there.

Getting it wrong
How do you love someone
Without getting hurt
How do you love someone
You stood up, smoothing out your skirt.

"Ah, boys! Right on time!" You said smiling.

"(Y/n), what's the meaning of this?!" Your father hissed.

You pulled out a scroll of parchment and unfurled the yellowed paper.

"It has come to my attention that you've been skipping out on your agreement with the casino's owner" you said curtly.

"That would be correct miss. We're here to collect" Cup said taking his aim.

Without crawling in the dirt
So far in my life
Clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone
Mug wanted to stop him, but your next words told him to proceed.

"I was afraid for so long. You made me afraid, and I didn't even understand what fear really felt like. You trapped me in an eternity of emotionless emptiness. If it weren't for Mug, I'd still be like that. I'd still be like you. Heartless. Goodbye Mother, father" you said walking away.

How do you love, how do you love someone
It's hard to talk
To see what's deep inside
The deed was done and Cup left with the contract in hand. Mug stayed behind with you.

You sat outside with a small box of things you collected. Tears silently streamed down your face.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked taking your hand.

It's hard to tell the truth
When you've always lied
How do you love someone
Without getting hurt
"Eventually I will. Especially when I burn down what remains of those horrible memories" you said throwing the match at the gas stove.

Mug walked you back to his place. He pulled you in for a hug. He let you get comfortable enough to cry. You just stood there, helplessly crying out all the pain you kept inside.

How do you love someone
Without crawling in the dirt
So far in my life
Clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone
"If you want, you can stay here. I've got plenty of room for you" he said rubbing your back.

"That sounds nice, thank you Mug" you said kissing his cheek.

How do you love someone
And make it last
How do you love someone (love someone)
Without tripping on the past
You both sat there laughing and watching movies while eating your favorite takeout meal.

Your mind flashed back to a time where your parents actually cared. Shaking the memory away, you continued on. You wanted to forget the past you'll never get back.

So far in my life
Clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone
How do you love, how do you love someone, someone
Four years have passed as you sat back in the recliner. Your husband Mugman kneeled beside you as he kissed your prominent baby bump.

Within the next couple weeks, you were gonna be a mother to a beautiful baby girl/boy. And you can't wait to teach them everything you parents didn't teach you.