kids in the dark

Cuphead and Bendy x reader

Here we areAt the end of the road, a road that's quietly caving inCome too far to pretend that we don't, we don't miss where we startedYou, Cup, and Bendy, were stranded alone after a landslide

Here we are
At the end of the road, a road that's quietly caving in
Come too far to pretend that we don't, we don't miss where we started

You, Cup, and Bendy, were stranded alone after a landslide. The small group of questers were separated when a giant arachnid monster attacked, causing the landslide.

Bendy sat up. He looked around the area he was trapped in. Off a little ways from him was Cup. He was banged up and cracked a bit, but he was alive. Just as they were going to start traveling towards the location of the others, they heard shifting in the debris.

A thin bloody arm jutted out of the pile of rubble. They rushed over the uncover the body. It was you, worse for wear, far more worse than Cup. You heaved and wheezed through crushed lungs that were filled with dirt and dust.

Looking back, I see a setting sun, and watch my shadow fade into the floor

I am left standing on the edge
Wondering how we got this far, (How we got this far)

You were leaning back onto Bendy's chest as Cup bandaged your wounds. When you finally regained your senses, the first thing that set off in your mind was panic.

"Oh my goodness! Cup, are you alright, you're cracked?" you shakily leaned forward to caress his cheek.

Bendy caught you by the waist as you nearly fell. You didn't even notice that he was even there because of how discombobulated you were. You now noticed how much blood coated the three of you.

"Take it easy there sweetheart, don't hurt yourself" Bendy said wiping a smudge of dirt from your cheek.

They left us alone

The Kids In The Dark
To burn out forever
Or light up a spark
We come together
State of the art
We'll never surrender
The kids in the dark

You started tearing up as you realized just how dire the situation became. Night was drawing nearer by the minute as the sun sank below the horizon. The boys set up camp a little ways away from their 'crash site'. You were terrified. What if that monster came back?

So let the world sing

"What a shame
What a shame
Beautiful scars
On critical veins"

You huddled up in the corner whimpering. Even though you had Bendy and Cup with you, you still felt so alone, so scared.

Bendy got a decent fire burning before sitting down beside your shivering form. Cup followed with a couple bags of trail rations. Bendy wrapped his arm around you. The warmth of his body being so close was soothing. It was even more so when Cup offered his own warmth to comfort you.

Come together

State of the art
We'll never surrender
The Kids in the dark
The kids in the dark

"Look (y/n), I know it seems bad right now. But, come tomorrow, you'll see that everything will get better. I promise you" Cup said pulling his coat over you.

"Yeah doll, we'll find the others and be back on the road in no time" Bendy added, kissing your forehead.

You looked up at the star filled sky, maybe there's still some hope after all. 

Here we are at the top of the hill, a hill that's quietly crumbling

Been a while since you dressed for the kill, the kill that sent me tumbling
Looking up, I see a falling star, and watch it's fire burn into the floor
And I am left standing on the edge
Wondering why we fall so hard, why we fall so hard

It was early the next morning. chattering could be faintly heard over the boys snoring. You shook them awake upon distinctly hearing Mug and Boris' voices coming from above.

"We're so close. If we follow the sound, we should be able to locate them" you suggested.

"It's as good of a plan as any, let's go" they agreed.

They left us alone

The Kids In The Dark
To burn out forever
Or light up a spark
We come together
State of the art
We'll never surrender
The kids in the dark

 The three of you followed the trail, even yelling out to them was hopeless. The others couldn't hear your cries. Day turned to night again. It was cold and dark, even the roaring fire seemed nothing more than a dying ember when compared to what it was last night. You huddled up between the boys.

So let the world sing

"What a shame
What a shame
Beautiful scars
On critical veins"

"Such a shame that they can't hear us" Bendy sighed, kicking a rock.

"Yeah and this trail seems to go on forever. What if we never truly catch up with the others? What if we're stuck following them unseen and unheard?" Cup groaned.

Come together

State of the art
We'll never surrender
The Kids in the dark
The kids in the dark

You sat up and rummaged through your bag. You found a few things, but so far nothing useful. That is until you came across a drawstring baggie. It had the leftover fire crackers that you and Cup used to prank Bendy a few weeks ago. You dug deeper and found Cup's lighter and a few rubber bands.

Scrambling around on the ground, you found the perfect stick you needed. A smile spread itself across your cheeks.

They left us alone

The Kids In The Dark
To burn out forever
Or light up a spark
We come together
State of the art

Cup and Bendy were nearly asleep before a loud bang startled them. They looked in your direction to see what you were doing.

You stood there completely focused on your task. You were lighting the crackers and shooting up to the path above you, where the other group was.

We'll never surrender

The kids in the dark
So let the world sing
"What a shame
What a shame
Beautiful scars
On critical veins"

The boys helped you with your plan. Bendy would pull them out of the bag, you would get it ready to launch, and Cup would light it before you let it go.

Meanwhile, Mug was deeply startled by the sound. So much so, that he jumped and curtly yelped. The others were also awoken by the commotion.

Come together

State of the art
We'll never surrender
The Kids in the dark
The kids in the dark

Felix looked over the edge to see the three of you standing in the light of the small campfire.

"Hey guys! I found them- well, they found us" Felix said to the others as he grabbed the rope from his bag.

"Hang on there you three, I'm lowering a rope down for you"

We'll never surrender

The Kids in the dark
The kids in the dark

The three of you climbed up one by one. You especially were greeted by Boris and Mug hugging you.

"That was brilliant of you to use the fire crackers like that! How did you know to try something like that?" they asked.

"I dunno. I guess it just sorta POPPED into my head?" you said half grinning half cringing at your own pun.

"Uhg! Not this crap!" Donald groaned.

The rest of them at least appreciated the joke as you joined them for a real hot meal.