Chapter: 13 (Odd Pair of Alchemists)

Start from the beginning

The door slammed open and lark tried to search for me.

I immediately smacked him on the back of his head with the ice club and he collapsed.

[Phew] (Me)

I'm coming Reid. Please be safe.

I headed towards the south gate.

(Tifa POV) :

We're wearing black hooded capes to hide ourselves and our long ears inside the Human Kindom.

[We have been searching for him for quite a while now.] (Me)

[Yea, this is taking a while. What's surprising is that the Adventurers guild refuse to help us this time. Even me.] (Sarah)

[They did mention a giant threat and to watch out for the Cultists.] (Me)

[The cultists are a giant force. Really strong too. But for them and that boy to have a connection......] Sarah gave a wide grin [More the reasons for us to recruit him.] (Sarah)

[That's okay but right now we don't even know where he is. Maybe not here at all.] (Me)

[Maybe. Maybe not. Let's split up from here. You go towards the south section and search there. And I'll go towards the east section. We will regroup at the Adventurers guild at night. If you get in danger then use the magic air shout and call me. I'll come running.] (Sarah)

I nodded

[you do the same too then.] (Me)

[Alright, Bye now. And be careful.] (Sarah)

[Same to you. Bye] (Me)

She headed to her destination and I headed to mine.

(Evan POV) :

I reached the south gate And saw the same 2 guards from before.

[How are you guys today? Care to let me pass?] (Me)

[Hm? Ah, Evan was it? Give me a second.] (Guard 1)

He took out a parchment and ticked where my name was written.

[Alright. You may pass] (Guard 1)

[Thanks guys] (Me)

[Be careful now. Rumors of the cultists acting up in here and the guild is telling everyone to be on guard against any suspicious person.] (Guard 2)

Liza is taking her work seriously.

[Alright. I will be.] (Me)

I passed them and saw the marketplace. There were many stalls of food, weaponry, armor and materials. I headed towards a shop which had Alchemist's den written on it's signboard.

The place was not a shabby place but a neat place there were some shelves placed behind the counter filled with some different colored potion. I could identify them, There were Thorns potions, Regeneration potions. Mana potions, gills potions.

[Welcome!] (Glasses guy)

A guy with glasses greeted me from behind the corner. He had straight black short hair and looked around 17. He was wearing a blue wizard robe with a red tie on a white undershirt.

[How can I help you?] (Glasses Guy)

[Yea, uhh..... I need some cactus,daybloom, red mushrooms, tons of water-filled glass bottles. And if possible some blinkroot and shiverthorn too. Oh, and can I use your alchemist bench too? If you have it that is. I can work with a workbench too]

An Alchemist bench is just a crafting table with a bottle on it.

He was visibly surprised by the list of things I ordered.

[U-Uh Yes! Please follow me!] He went towards the back door which was behind the counter and I followed him.

Here, there were no windows and the room was lit up by torches only. There was an alchemist table at the very middle and there were wooden chests on the sides with a workbench and a small water pool at one corner.

There was also a kid working on the alchemist table he was wearing a black wizard hat and robe but the hat was too big for him and hid his entire body because of his height. He was around 4'6

[U-Um Sensei, this customer wants to use the alchemist table.] (Guy)

He turned around and looked at me.........and surprisingly it's a she not a he. She was also wearing glasses and looked around 14 years old with braided brown hair

[Hm? Uh sure but it's a fee of 1 silver for one hour at the alchemist table and 10 copper for an hour at the workbench.] (Girl)

[Sure I just need the materials now.] I looked at the guy.

[Y-Yes please tell me the amount of each material.] (Guy)

I proceeded to tell him of each and it's amount. That total came out to be
1 gold and 37 silver. Expensive since I only took 10 of each aside from the 99 water bottles.

I paid them the total and 1 extra silver coin for the alchemist table.

[You sure you know what you're doing? I can make those potions if you want. But it will cost ya.] (Girl)

[Pardon?] (Me)

[This here is the miracle child, the wizard Lucy. Her name is spread among the whole kingdom because of finest potion making. Some potions which you saw outside.] (Guy)

The girl named Lucy started to look up with pride.

Finest potions huh, well those aren't useful at all aside from the Mana potions..... Wait a sec,  Mana potion requires fallen stars to be made with!

[Do you have fallen stars?] (Me)

They both were shocked when I said that and started to sweat a lot.

[W-Why do you ask if we have those? T-They are useless. R-Right O-Oswald?] (Lucy)

[Y-Yea why would we E-Even keep them here? T-They are a waste of T-Time and S-Space.] (Oswald)

You guys suck at lying. I can see the hesitation on your faces.

[Okay cool I need like 50 of those fallen stars.]

[OUR ENTIRE INVENTORY!?!] (Lucy)

Lucy slammed her hands on her mouth after realizing her mistake and Oswald looks petrified...........what's the big deal about this?

[Well I know you have Fallen stars because I saw lesser Mana potions on your shelves. Those potions are made from fallen stars if I remember correctly.]

Lucy collapsed and Oswald grabbed her before she fell on the floor.

[P-Please! I will do Anything! Just Please don't tell anyone about This!] (Oswald)

Okey, you completely lost me there pal.