No gifts

"Okay I've already broken my one drink rule. No more." I giggled into Richards shoulder after about 3 cocktails and 2 shots.

"You can't go home now." Richard smiled holding onto my waist and talking into my ear.

"But I promised max and grace that I wouldn't drink too much, and then they'd keep it a secret from Lily." I explained, as I didn't want Lily knowing I was out enjoying myself whilst she was back in her wheelchair.

"Max and grace have had a few themselves, they won't remember." Richard laughed. "Oh hey I want to introduce you to Bella... she's one of my new flatmates, that didn't believe I had a girlfriend."

"It's true, I thought he was making it up." This girl said to me.

"Well, its true. I am unfortunately lumped with him." I joked holding Richards hand.

"Hey! Mean..." he joked.

"You know I love you really." I laughed as he let go of my hand and out his arm around me instead.

"How long have you two been together?" Bella asked nicely as she ordered both of us a beer and gave us them whilst she sipped hers.

"Oh uh 3 years maybe? On and off though, you know how it goes." I explained looking up a Richard for some support.

"Ah that's really cute, so you were high school sweethearts." She smiled.

"I guess so." Richard nodded and he was acting all weird and uncomfortable for some reason.

- - - - -

"God am I getting old!" I moaned getting out of bed the next morning. I was staying at Richards because he had a double bed and I did kind of promise the drunk sex in a way.

"What's the matter?" Richard placed a hand on my back as I sat on the bed.

"I used to be able to handle my drink and now I drank and shit load and feel like crap the next morning." I explained.

"Tell me about it. I'm not 16 anymore." He sighed.

"I mean we did drink a LOT though, maybe it was more than I ever have which was why it's having a harsh impact this morning. Is there something sharp sticking out the side of my head?" I moaned leaning over and kissing Richard gently.

"Nope." He smiled.

"There should be, that's what it feels like right now. You got any paracetamol?" I asked

"Yeah in the bottom draw." He said and bent down to his chest and opened the bottom draw I grabbed the tablet and went to the bathroom for some water quickly. But I couldn't help but notice something else in that bottom draw.

There were loads of papers. Bank statements and uni documents and his passport but there was something that stood out to me. A letter and it was addressed to Molly. It might have just been an old love letter from when they were dating but even so it was weird he kept it.

I forgot about it though because my headache was so bad.

"You know how we said no Christmas presents this year?" Richard called to me as he was still laying in bed and I was getting water.

"Uh huh. I'm broke because of uni so this Christmas just been was a major saving for us." I nodded, knowing I still bought Rachel and dad and violet presents. Especially violet because she'd just been diagnosed with cancer and we were all trying to distract her.

"Well I broke the rule. I have a late Christmas present for you..." Richard smiled as I sat back down on the bed next to him.

"Richard no, we agreed no presents." I moaned at him.

"It's a treat for both of us." He smiled as he opened his phone up and then his emails and then showed me the booking confirmation for a weekend away in theses luxury tree houses.

"This must of cost you a fortune. No way, it's too much." I laughed at him.

"It's a treat, I have the money, let me treat my girlfriend. You're going to be away most weekends going home to see violet or studying so I want one weekend with you all to myself." Richard grinned up at me.

"Okay but no more gifts, birthday or Christmas for a while okay?" I smiled down at him.

"Okay whatever!" He joked and then I bent down and kissed him gently.

"So... when is it?" I asked.

"Two weeks." Richard told me.

"It's all a bit sudden then?" I wondered.

"I was on the waiting list for one of these places and they finally phoned me and said that they had one available from cancellation in a couple a weeks so I thought perfect for us." He explained.

"Cool, I'm looking forward to it." I smiled at him.

- - - - -

"Lil, you ok?" I asked walking around the kitchen trying to find one of my text books for a class that was starting in less than 30 minutes. Lily was just stood there holding onto the counter top and staring forward.

"Fine." She said completely monotone.

"You sure?" I laughed walking round in front of her.

"Yeah I was just thinking... do you think Matt still loves me?" She asked suddenly.

"Oh babe," I said completely shocked. "What's brought this on?"

"Well I think he feels he has no choice. I think he's scared to break up with me in case I get really emotional about it and I have no one to look after me now I'm confined to the wheelchair for even longer." Lily explained.

"Uh Lily, I think Matt really loves you. He's been with you through this whole thing. It's been nearly a year now since the accident and he's never complained once about having to lift you into bed or carry you down the stairs. For while we thought you were never going to walk again and he was still fully devoted to you." I smiled at her.

"I guess so." She said.

"Look, I have a lecture to get to but hold all your thoughts and we will discuss this later okay?" I said to her giving her a nice friendly smile.

"Okay," she laughed and then smiled back at me.

In Omnia Paratus (AU) - Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें