Presents

Violet walked shyly into the room behind her mums legs after Rachel had to go and find out where she was, as she was taking so long. Violet was holding something in her hand but wouldn't move from behind Rachel's legs so instead she picked Violet up and then sat brought her towards me.

Rachel placed Violet on the floor in front of me and then held her so she couldn't run away. "Show Jenna what you've got." Rachel smiled kneeling down beside her.

I leant forward pretending to be really interested in what Violet had for me and well I was intrigued. "I got a bracelet." Violet mumbled eventually. She held out her wrist and showed me. It was a pandora bracelet and to be honest I thought it was weird for a 6 year old to have one but as long as she looked after it I guess it's cool.

"Ah that very very pretty, did mummy buy this for you?" I said admiring it. She nodded giggling a little bit.

"I got one for you too." Violet suddenly squeaked and made me hold out my hands as she placed a small velvet bag in my hands. "It matches my one." She giggled suddenly very excited and happy to be giving me this bracelet.

It looked just like her one, silver with five little charms on it and as I pulled it out of the bag I glanced at Rachel wondering why she'd done this, of course my bracelet was bigger and so was slightly more expensive.

"Ah thank you Violet." I smiled pulling her in for a tight hug. I stopped wearing my pandora bracelet that Richard gave me. I didn't like the constant reminder and now it just reminded me of Maisie.

I put it on and Violet spent ages playing around with it pulling all the beads to one side and back again and then comparing it to her bracelet and laughing because we were sisters.

"We told violet that whenever she misses you, she can just look at her bracelet." Rachel raised her eyebrows as she moved away from the both of us.

"Oh is this why I get this beautiful bracelet?" I hummed to Violet. "So, when I'm not here, you miss me?" I pouted as she sat on my lap continuing to play with my bracelet.

"Yes but I'm coming with you now." Violet said proudly in front of her mum and dad as if they knew nothing about it but actually they were the ones to arrange the whole thing.

"About that." Rachel interrupted. "Jenna you're okay to..."

"I'm completely fine to have her. We're gunna have loads of fun aren't we?" I smiled at Violet as she bounced up and down on my lap excitedly.

"Yeah." She squealed.

- - - - -

I knew we still had a whole day tomorrow until we left on Tuesday morning but Violet was really excited to come to Ashford so I started looking at train times for Monday night instead. I thought maybe we could go earlier and settle in. I'd tell Rachel and dad in the morning of course.

I saw Rachel leave her room Monday morning and jolted out of bed and followed her downstairs. "Oh Rachel?" I called pretending to bump into her on the landing before the stairs.

"Yeah?" She stopped in her tracks and paid attention to me.

"Violet seems so excited to come to Ashford with me and I was looking at trains and I thought we might go tonight instead of tomorrow morning." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, I think she's really excited and that she'll just get more and more impatient having to wait all day today." I told her.

"We'll go break the good new to her then." Rachel grinned, I'm sure she was just happy to have a week with my dad alone. I bet they don't get that lots since Violet and that's fair enough.

- - - - -

"Yeah I'm coming back early." I talked on the phone as I grinned across at Violet. We were sat on the train opposite each other either side of the desk and she had a colouring book our and was furiously colouring in a picture of a cat. It was cute.

"Oh yay." Lily said excitedly as she was looking forward to not being alone for the next two days.

"We're on the train now so we won't be long." I smiled, "we'll get a bus back to Ashford when we get there, dad gave me lots of money for Violet but I don't think I'll end up spending it all." I told Lily.

"Ah that's cool. I'll see you soon then." She agreed.

"Yeah see ya." I hung up placing my phone down on the desk in front of us. "How's the colouring?" I asked Violet curiously as she was very focused.

"Tired." She said simply.

"Are you concentrating too hard? How about you listen to music and have a nap?" I suggested flicking through my phone giving her my earphones and playing some fairly current pop music, I knew she would know.

It was slow but eventually Violet moved across so she was sat next to me instead of opposite and then curled up against my side asleep.

- - - - -

I placed violets backpack on her back and then lifted her sleepy body onto me and carried her in my arms as I placed my bag on my shoulder. "Are we here?" Violet asked sleepily from my shoulder.

"Yeah." I whispered as I saw a figure walking towards me. "Matt." I gasped as his lips blended with mine.

"Hi."

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"You said you were coming home early so I came to pick you up so you toe don't have to get a silly bus." Matt smiled seeing violets head suddenly pop up from my shoulder.

"Hello." Violet yawned.

"Hello." Matt smiled back at her but she shied away and rested her head back on my shoulder. Matt took my bag and dumped it in the boot while I strapped Violet in and then got in the car myself.

I was so glad he had picked me up. It meant not carrying Violet everywhere and it was so much quicker I could get us some dinner sooner meaning we could watch tv then go to bed because I know Violet shouldn't be up too late.