Great birthday

"Happy birthday Jenna." Violet said to me excitedly as we sat on FaceTime with dad and Rachel that night. I had told him all about Richard so now I was just sat with him and my apple mac, talking to them.

"Thank you violet." I smiled leaning back on the sofa.

"We do have presents for you in case you came home but I think you had a good enough time where you are." Dad smiled.

"Yeah you heard about the car then?" I laughed slightly.

"Yeah Richard called us a week or so ago." Dad explained.

"Ah so you've been in cahoots with my dad too." I raised my eyebrows at Richard.

"Stop saying the word cahoots." Richard laughed kissing my cheek gently.

"Anyway, when you do come home in two weeks we will be re-celebrating. We have presents, I make great cakes and violet always loves a party." Rachel smiled widely.

"Ah thank you." I smiled. We continued from there, chatting away about our day and the car and how nice it was. I never used to do this, sit down and talk to my family. It was actually really nice, and I got to do it with Richard.

- - - - -

"You bought me a car." I grinned at Richard as we lay in bed together happily.

"Everyone bought you a car." He kissed the side of head gently and laid back smiling.

"No, they paid a small portion as a present. I know you probably paid for most of it and I have to say I'm finding it really hard to accept it." I explained to him.

"It's a present Jen." Richard laughed slightly.

"But it's an extraordinary present that I had no idea you were planning. It must of cost you a fortune!" I frowned.

"Stop thinking about the price. I was going to buy you one before we started back at school but as your birthday isn't far away I got everyone in on it and I didn't have to pay as much." Richard smirked.

"You bought me a car." I repeated grinning so widely and uncontrollably.

"Again, it's not that big a deal."

"I love you, you know that?" I smiled up at him.

"Yeah I do." He kissed me gently before we laid back and we got off to sleep fairly quickly as we were exhausted from the long day we had and how late we had stayed up talking to dad and everyone.

- - - - -

"Want me to drive you back to uni?" I smiled widely at Richard as we were getting ready that next morning. We both had Monday mornings off so we laid around and chilled in my dorm. Hiding Richard when the eagle came round.

"I would love that, but I brought my car here, so I need to take it back." Richard laughed.

"Alright, fine. I'll let you off." I smirked pulling some clothes on and going to get us some drinks.

"You're finally 18." Richard smiled.

"What do you mean finally? Your birthdays in February. We're the same age at the moment don't act older than me." I poked him.

"No I just mean we can finally go to pubs and clubs together." He said taking a sip of his water and sitting down with me on the sofa.

"You know I'm not a club fan." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah. You know what I mean though." Richard laughed.

"Yes now I can legally get drunk." I laughed along with him and curled up against his chest as it was pretty cold outside and I just felt like hugging recently I'm not sure why.

"How about I take you to the pub on Friday?" Richard offered holding me close to him.

"That sounds great." I smiled.

"Come here." He laughed gently pressing his lips to mine. "I love you." He said between two kisses.

"I love you too." I breathed against his lips and kissed him again.

"I hate to break this moment but I have dance class and you have English." Lily said appearing from her room.

"I forgot she was here." Richard whispered.

"I heard that." She mumbled picking up her stuff for dance as I got up and got my books together.

"You'll see yourself out?" I asked Richard following Lily out of the door.

"Yeah see ya later." He smiled waving me off and pecking my lips before I disappeared with Lily down the corridor.

- - - - -

"I have my one of my final dance shows this Friday. You're still free right?" Lily asked me as we walked along beside each other to out next lessons.

"Yes, I'm completely free." I smiled.

"I've only got this one where I do my final piece for the examiners and then the Christmas show, then we're just preparing for the written exam after." Lily explained to me.

"Ah fair enough, how you feeling on the practical front?" I asked.

"I have a very complicated routine." She said nervously. "But I think my solo piece this Friday will go well it's just the group one that's hard because the group drags you down if they get it wrong." She rolled her eyes.

It sounded harsh saying her group brought her down but for Lily it was true. She was the best dancer in this school. She only came here on a scholarship for dance.

We never talked much about her dance. She loved it though, but it was something she kept to herself. Something Lily liked and no one else did. She was really good at it, and we went and saw her shows but she didn't like talking about them with us because we didn't understand.

Of course Olivia did dance with her so she did talk to her about it.

"I'm sure you'll do great, and I can't wait to see on Friday." I smiled encouragingly

"Thank you." She grinned back.

- - - - -

"I gotta cancel the pub on Friday." I said calling Richard in my break.

"What?" Richard moaned. "But I planned multicoloured shots and drinking vodka straight from an ice fountain. Why the sudden change of plans?"

"It's Lily's final dance show on Friday." I explained.

"Ah okay. Maybe we could do after the show? Or even just Saturday?"  Richard asked.

"Yes I'll see how Friday goes. But I'm free Saturday." I confirmed thinking my days through. "And did you say multicoloured shots?" I scoffed.

"Every colour of the damn rainbow." He replied.

"They'll still be there." I laughed.

"No that's it you cancelled! The shots are gone. The ice fountain has been cancelled from order." He mocked me.

"So I'll call you?" I laughed back at him.

"Yeah." He said quickly. "I've got a lecture. Speak later." He hung up quickly and I placed my phone down in my bag and went looking for everyone during lunch.