Dealing with it

"Hey." I said walking into Lily's room to see her all laid out in her bedroom. She was still on bed rest for about a week until she got strong enough after surgery and so I was always checking on her.

"Hey." She smiled turning off the tv where I moved it into her room.

"You said I never told you much about my life before we met." I stated walking over to her.

"You haven't told me anything. Except a few vague things about how you weren't very popular." She added quickly.

"That's because I wasn't very popular." I laughed sitting down. "I was a complete... How do you say it? Nerd. I had a few friends but no one that I'd cry about if I left them." I shrugged. "I did have friends at one point until my mum died and I pushed everyone away."

"Ah."

"Yeah, which is why coming to Ashford was my best bet." I laughed leaning back in fine chair.

"You know how much I didn't want another roommate that year?" Lily scoffed.

"You didn't want me?" I frowned.

"Not after being yelled at by my parents for the last roommate I had." Lily rolled her eyes and I just smiled at her.

"I think I've been alright." I smiled.

"Yeah, you have." She laughed.

"Do you remember how obnoxious and annoying you were when I first met you?" I mocked her.

"I was a bitch." Lily nearly snorted most of her drink up her nose when I spoke.

"You didn't even call Matt by his name. You called him 'Boyfriend' do you realise how much of a bitch you sounded like to me?" I scoffed.

"Oh my god. Never again." She laughed.

- - - - -

Lily's mum visited almost everyday. I think there was one day she didn't come and she apologised loads. It was only for the first two week though and then she was used to the wheelchair.

"Jen!" Lily screamed from her room and I jumped out of my skin, quite literally. It was followed by a large bang and I freaked out and looked over at Richard who was with me watching tv.

"Yes?" I said standing up and walking towards her door.

When I reached the door I peered round and saw Lily sat in her wheelchair her head in her hand curled up as tightly as possible as if to hide from the world. She looked angry, like if you touched her she'd explode.

"Lil, please you have to stop this." I mumbled moving forward and bending down in front of her to pick up the broken bits of mirror scattered on the floor. I tidied her room up and she still didn't move.

I didn't understand. For weeks she's just been so accepting of her situation and now she's freaking out all of a sudden.

"I'm worried about you." I muttered. "This isn't your fault all you have to do is ask for help. Slowly things will get better. You're going to be fine and soon you'll be a pro at being in your chair."

"I hate it. I thought this was going to be okay but I'm so...different." She said through gritted teeth.

"What happened this time? Explain to me." I said after coming back into the room from getting a plaster for her hand where she cut it.

"I was just getting ready to meet Matt and I couldn't reach that make up brush and--" the more she spoke the more I could tell how angry and frustrated she was getting.

I felt awful every time I look at her.

"Well, how about we spend a few days going through your daily routine stuff and moving it all around so you can reach it all?" I volunteered.

"It's too much hassle." She scoffed.

"No it's not." I snapped placing the plaster on her hand and tidying up the glass mirror pieces that were on the floor.

"Need any help?" Richard popped his head round the corner.

"Yeah can you help me in to bed?" Lily sighed wheeling herself away from me as I was bent down picking up shattered mirror.

"I thought you were meeting Matt." I frowned.

"I don't feel like it anymore." Lily said as she took hold of both of Richards hands and Richard lifted her onto her bed and she pulled the covers up over her.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Too tired I think." Which we all knew was a lie because all she had done was sleep since the accident.

- - - - -

"I'm sorry Matt. She went to bed." I explain as I was curled up on the sofa with Richard when he walked in expecting to take Lily out for dinner or something. The first time since the accident.

"It's alright. Not your fault, I'll go have a chat with her, she won't be asleep." Matt winked before leaving us alone and going into Lily's room after knocking.

"It's Matt. Can I come in?" He whispered seeing her lamp on in the corner.

"I guess." She sighed, she was sitting up in bed with her books around her and her phone, obviously not sure what she wanted to do.

"What's up then? Jenna said you went to bed." Matt smiled walking around the bed and sitting on the other side, getting under the duvet with her.

"I don't feel like going out."

"That's alright. As long as I get to see you, it doesn't matter." Matt smirked. "We can just stay here. We can chat or watch tv or play a game. Nothing weird about staying in one night."

"Really? You're not annoyed?" Lily pouted.

"Lily, of course not. Now let's get you something to do. Shall we play monopoly or something fun like that." He laughed.

"You need more than two people for it to be fun." Lily rolled her eyes.

"Well there are two other people just outside the door if you want them to join us?" Matt smiled.

"You think they'll want to?"

"I bet they will because they looked bored as hell." Matt lied but knew Jenna would do anything to see Lily smile these days so she was always going to try something.

"Alright."

"I'll go and get them." He offered jumping off the bed and going to the door.

"Matt--"

"Yeah lil?"

"Thank you." She smiled gently and he walked over to the side of the bed and grinned down at her.

"It's no problem at all." And gently he leant down placed a small kiss to her lips that turned into a long sensual kiss and they smiled as they broke apart and Matt went to fetch the other guys.