Interviews

"Hey." I smiled bumping into Richard in the canteen later that night. "I wanted to ask you something. I thought you wouldn't go home this half term."

"No I'm not a fan of my parents. What is it you wanted to ask me?" Richard said looking in a bit of a rush.

"Violets here. She came to visit and she has not stopped going on about you. She's going home Friday morning and I thought Id swing by yours before I have to go to the paper and let her say hi? I mean if that's ok with you." I fumbled nervously.

"Yeah of course. How does 1 o'clock sound?" He patted my arm looking at his mates who were calling for him.

"Just fine. Now go." I laughed at him.

"Just going for a few drinks and they're getting all excited." Richard rolled his eyes before leaving me alone as I went to buy a drink.

- - - - -

"Violet. Violet. Violet." I called after her as I was laying in bed and she was running out the room, too excited because I told her we'd go and see Richard. I don't know why she went on about him so much, he wasn't that great.

"Lily." Violet hummed hanging on to her as she was walking around dorm collecting some thing before leaving.

"Yes little one?" She asked sitting down on the sofa whilst Violet bounced up and down holding her leg.

"I'm going to see Richard. Are you coming too?" She asked her nicely.

"No, but does Jenna know about this?" Lily frowned at her.

"Yes she told me this morning." She hummed proudly.

"Well I didn't know. But I have to go meet with someone and then go to the paper where your sister should also be." Lily said getting up and walking towards Jenna's room. Leaving Violet watching TV on the sofa.

"Jen?" Lily said walking straight in.

"Yeah?" I smiled turning around from where I was just getting ready and brushing through my hair quickly.

"Violet says you're going to Richards? That's not the brightest idea you've had this week." Lily laughed sitting down on the edge of my bed watching me finish getting ready.

I didn't say anything because there was no point fighting with her. "You've been doing so well recently without seeing him for what? A month. I thought you might have finally forgotten about him."

"Lily, I have." I said clearly stopping what I was doing.

"Really? Because you should be at the paper today, you haven't been all week and now you want to go off with your ex?" She frowned at me waving her hands about.

"I am not doing this for me. If it was up to me, I wouldn't be going. Violet wants to say hi before she leaves tomorrow morning and I promised her I would take her. I'll be there for no longer than 10 minutes before I leave and come to the news room and get to work for the Halloween edition." I spoke like I was speaking to a two year old that couldn't understand me.

"Alright. Fine, but the paper needs you and if you're not there..."

"I will be." I rolled my eyes.