First edition.

"This is ridiculous..." I grunted at dinner whilst surrounded by everyone of my friends. "Sorry, it's just this is really hard to choose." I grumbled glancing over at Lily.

"She's moved on from picking writers, she's now picking photographers from the B-TEC photography and A Level photography courses." Lily told everyone around us.

"Wow really? That's your job?" Lucy asked peering over my shoulder at the collection on sample photography I had. I had to choose 10 photographers out of 50 students?!

"It's not my only job." I rolled my eyes.

"Anything I can help with?" Lucy asked.

"Which do you think looks better, this or this?" I mumbled showing the table two photos making them make my last decision for me.

"That one." Everyone said pointing to the left. I folded the other one up and then tucked everything away. "Right. I'm available, I've chosen photographers and writers, I'm good now." I smiled.

"Finally, it's only been a week." Lily laughed sarcastically.

"The paper opens next week I need to have this stuff done and people in the news room by Wednesday latest, thinking that I was Monday now. I huffed and laid down the table tired and sleepy.

- - - - -

I sat in my office and watched as everyone I'd chosen come into the newsroom and all just sat around waiting for everyone to arrive. I smiled walking up to Matt noticing he was stood waiting.

"Hey I did choose you." I smiled carefully.

"I'm one of the photographers." Matt told me. I'd totally forgotten he did photography. It completely went over my head.

"Did you submit a writing piece as well?" I asked leaning forward over my desk and skimming through some of the papers.

"No, but I thought about it." Matt laughed.

"You're smart enough." I grumbled at him.

"Well I'd rather do photography anyway." Matt smiled at me before handing over his little quiz that everyone had to do so I got to know them. I already knew Matt quite well, I didn't need a quiz to tell me he was smart.

- - - - -

"Alright I guess this is it." I smiled leaning against the desk as about 39 people all stood eagerly ready to go. "So I'm glad to know I have some top quality writers joining us this week and I've looked throughly over your preferences for your first articles and the list is printed up on the wall over there." I pointed at the wall near my office.

"Photographers are mainly paired with writers but sometimes you'll have individual jobs or tasks set by me." I smiled.

"Once you've checked your article find the best story for this school and submit your piece by Friday evening latest. Anything after then will not be included and will instead be given to someone else to write."

"If there's any problems let me know, coffee machine is over there, water machine is there and good luck I guess." I finished smiling at everyone who looked really eager to find out what topic they got.

- - - - -

"Uh Jenna I'm not sure about the religion beat.." A small guy came up to me eager to change his article.

"Alright uh Daisy? Do you mind doing religion?" I called out to the girl who I had to give a place. Daisy confirmed that she would do it with a nod and I turned to the guy. "You'll do events that's fairly easy." I smiled at him as he thanked me and walked off.

"Thank you Jen." I heard Lily say coming up behind me and hugging me. I knew what she was thanking me for, for letting her on the team.

"You deserve it." I hummed.

"So is that a mistake on the list over there or am I correct that Richard madden is on the team?" Lily raised her eyebrows concerned.

"I didn't pick him if that's what you're wondering, in fact far from it. His parents fund it, they have a say as to who works here. Richard hasn't even turned up and probably won't but once a month I'll publish something in his name and his parents will keep quiet and Richard won't say a word." I had it all planned out when I realised Richard didn't turn up to any interviews or meetings.

"That's quite a plan." Lily laughed.

"It'll work though." I sighed looking down at the floor.

"This isn't too much work for you is it?" Lily asked concerned as I turned away from her a little upset.

"No, of course not. I had a tonne of free time anyway and newspapers look great on applications." I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's okay to think about Maisie every once and a while. You have to let yourself feel sad sometimes so the rest of the time you're happy. At the moment it's like your living under some sort of cloud." Lily pulled me aside.

"I'm busy I don't have time to think about it and when I remember I feel guilty for letting myself be too busy to think about her." I moaned as we went into my office.

"Oh Jen." Lily mumbled.

"It's alright. I can manage. It's alright." I repeated as I starred flicking through some papers.

- - - - -

"And there we are... The first edition of The Ashford weekly news." I smiled as I sent of the final draft to the printers and everyone in the room applauded. It was everyone's best work as they all put in so much effort for the first paper.

"Thank you guys now papers are daily, except Sunday's, I expect a line of pieces of be written and ready for the next few days. Any problems come speak to me." I smiled before walking over to Lily's desk and sitting on the edge of it.

"Papers hard work." Lily mumbled typing up on her computer. "I have all of next weeks pieces written and ready I'm just getting prepared the weeks after, leaving gaps in case any tragic news hits us." Lily informed me.

"I just hope everyone's as organised as you." I hummed staring around the room at everyone.

"I think people are even more prepared than I am Jen. Don't worry about it honestly." Lily supported me.