The Bet

"Hey we just came back to grab our swim stuff, I don't suppose there's any chance you want to swim but you could sit in the little cafe in the pool area. Though you do have to wear those things over your shoes..." Matt rambled on as I was sat in bed watching the tv.

"Sounds nice but kinda like I'm ruining everyone's fun. I'll stay here and you go." I smiled.

"No, come. Then you won't feel like you've wasted your day. You haven't be sick today?" He asked.

"Nope."

"Then you're on the mend. If you feel okay, come." He laughed holding my hand.

"Alright, but I have to get dressed." I smiled getting out of bed slowly. I slipped on leggings and then a strap top in case I got too hot with a jumper and then my coat. I didn't know if I was going to be too cold or too hot.

"You okay walking? Don't feel dizzy or faint?" Matt asked holding my hand.

"I feel fine. I'd like to get outside for some fresh air." I begged.

- - - - -

"Jenna's going to come and sit by the pool tonight." Matt smiled as everyone gathered down stairs with their rucksacks and bags with swimming stuff in.

"Hey, that sounds like a good idea." Marty smiled looking around.

"Yeah, great idea." Molly smiled as well.

"You feeling any better Jen?" Lily asked.

"A little, not well enough to swim but enough to leave this house." I laughed still holding Matt's hand tightly.

- - - - -

I sat at the side in this cute little cafe where I didn't order anything but some water and I sat there watching them all have a great time while I sipped at this water and tried my hardest not to vomit.

I was feeling better but not 100%. If I ate anything I'd probably throw up straight away. That's probably why they say starve a fever, as well as wait 24 hours.

I knew I shouldn't really be out. I wasn't all that better. But I was determined to have some of my holiday.

- - - - -

"You look better do you feel better?" Matt asked me the next morning as he'd actually slept next to me last night and not on the floor.

"A load better." I agreed. "I still feel bad about wrecking this holiday though. This is our one chance to be away together and I blew it." I sighed.

"Hey, it's not our one chance. We both have money and summers getting nearer everyday..." He chuckled.

"It's December Matt." I pushed his chest laughing. I suddenly realised by making plans for summer meant, actually being together until then. That was kind of frightening. Long term commitment, it started to scare me off.

"I know but hey, we've still got what? 4 or 5 days here? Enjoy it while you can." He kissed me gently for the first time knowing I was feeling a lot better.

I knew I was better too, because at breakfast the smell of bacon didn't want to make me hurl. We enjoyed a nice breakfast together and knew today was going to be a long day.

"Hey Jen, we're thinking of all going golf today and showing Richard up what do you think?" Lily laughed over breakfast.

"Sounds great." I smiled.

"He thinks he's a pro but we could beat him right? Girls v Boys?" Molly raised her eyebrows. Looking over at Tom, Marty, Richard and Matt.

"There's more girls." I said noticing that we had Lucy, Olivia, Christina, me, Lily and Molly.

"That's no problem." Richard said confidently.

"Oh really?" I smirked back at him before taking another bite of toast.

"11 o'clock? Then we'll grab lunch at the little restaurant they have there." Richard agreed. Everyone started to cheer and laugh and I just stared at him laughing. I didn't really know what he was playing at because he stared back. We both enjoyed competition, maybe a bit too much.

- - - - -

We'd gone for a walk around the little area of villas here and round near the main centre thing was where you could do things like tennis and badminton and table tennis and well any sport even things like rock climbing.

We then realised to get to the golf in time for 11 we'd have to start walking there now, so we all set off having Matt leading us in the 'right' direction. Which ended up taking 20 minutes longer than the direction I suggested. But hey I won't mock him.

"They're so cocky." Richard scoffed turning to Tom and Matt. Marty was like dragging behind.

"We heard that." Lily scowled at him.

"That was the aim." Richard moaned back at us as we kind of already split into boys and girls on the walk over to the golf club.

"Losers buy winners unlimited drinks every night this week?" Molly held her hand out to Richard to make the bet.

"You're gunna waste your money." Richard laughed before gripping Molly's hand tightly and shaking it.

"Oh boys you might want to just give us those credit cards now." Molly replied shaking her head.

- - - - - -

So turns out we weren't all that great so, bad news. But good news the boys were even worse. We may have one and we have done a victory dance but that's all in the past we were bowling that night and all drinks were on the boys.

"I'm sorry you lost Hun." I smiled kissing Matt as we separated from the group slightly in between turns in bowling

"You're not sorry, you're just saying that." Matt smirked kissing me back though.

"Yeah you're right, and I'm thirsty..." I mumbled against his lips before kissing him again.

"I'm going I'm going." He sighed getting up and heading for the bar to get us the next round.

"That's my boy." I laughed at him as I turned back to the group and smiled at his misfortune. I'd apologise later but it was too damn funny at the time. I knew this was going to be a good next few nights.