Weddings

The day was really lovely and Richard and I even got some photos together which was a bit weird because people thought we were a couple but it was just because we were holding hands at one point but nothing romantic.

I knew nobody here but Richard kept introducing me to people and I was loosing track of who was who. I liked charlottes friends but the rest were all snotty friends of their parents.

"You want to go to the party? We can just got home if you want." Richard said to me delicately as we walked to his car which one of his mates was going to drive because he doesn't drink and Richard wanted to.

"No today has been a lovely distraction. I can't go home now." I smiled at him as we got in the car and sat in the back together chatting with Richards friend and his girlfriend who were sat in the front.

"Drink?" We were offered the minute we stepped out the car. I gladly took the champagne and walked towards the entrance with Richard close behind me trying not to step on my dress that was trailing behind me.

"Richard can we please know why you're ex girlfriend is here on the day your child died?" His parents came right out and said it before we sat down do have our meal.

"Nice to see you too, Mr and Mrs Madden." I joked sipping my drink and then finishing it. "I'll be at the bar." I whispered to Richard.

"It's a distraction. For the both of us." Richard lectured his parents.

"Well at least you turned up this time. And please spend some time with your sisters they miss you especially the little ones." His mother said to him referring the 2 year old and the 7 year old that were toddling around the place.

"Yes and get Emily to spend time with them too. Ever since she joined that school of yours she hardly comes home or talks to us as much." His dad lectured.

"Alright dad." Richard said confirming it with him before turning away and looking over at Jenna who was stood at the bar chatting to the bar tender. God she could talk to anyone.

He watched her come back over and sit beside him to. She gave him a funny look.

"You alright?" I asked sitting down beside Richard as I placed a drink in front of him.

"Yeah, fine. My parents... They always put me in a mood." Richard explained to me but I sensed it was something else.

"Well get out of the mood because the whole point in this night is to feel better and not mope." I smiled at him. "Come on, let's eat." I said getting ip to get some food and pulling Richard with me, in fear some stranger tried to talk to me.

- - - - -

"Jen, where are you?" Lily said as I answered the phone after seeing many miscalls from her and finally picking up.

"I'm out with Richard." I explained. "It's his sisters wedding, we're distracting ourselves and there's alcohol here so... Yeah." I said to her confidently.

"Well good, well not good. Don't drink too much but I guess have fun." She said but instantly regretted it. "But not too much fun. We do not need another pregnancy." She said quickly.

"God no." I laughed a little then the song changed and I got really excited. "Look I've got to go, speak to you later." I said hanging up and then pulling at Richards hands until we reached the dance floor.

- - - - -

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Emilia." Richards mum said placing the two year old on my lap, she was getting a bit tired and sat happily playing with my necklace trying not to fall asleep as I talked to her and she didn't seem too interested in talking back.

"She adorable." I said hugging her tightly.

"I'm Chloe." The seven year old said to me. She was very enthusiastic and loud and pretty confident. "I'm 7."

"I know sweetheart, we met didn't we? Like a year ago." I said smiling at her.

"I was six then." Chloe said.

"Yeah and I was 16." I laughed.

"Are you still Richards girlfriend?" She asked gently for once instead of being her loud self.

"No, Hun. Not for a long time." I smiled at her and then at Richard as he took Emilia from me and placed her on his shoulder before walking her around the room and being all tall.

- - - - -

"Hey hey hey come with me." Richard said pulling me away from a few girls I was talking to and I almost tripped up on my dress as he pulled me out of the building grabbing a bunch of the flowers from the fancy arrangements placed at the front of the door.

"Are you drunk? You're acting drunk, what are you doing?" I questioned him as he walked to me to the road and we started to walk along the pavement the flowers still bunched up in his hands like they were important.

"Maybe a little intoxicated. But that doesn't change things." He laughed as he noticed it was pretty cold and he soon shrugged his jacket off and placed it on my bare Shoulders as we walked along the pavement that evening.

It was still light out and it was pretty here, a built up town that could afford to spend money on flowers and decorations to make it pretty.

"Where are you taking me? I'm getting a very murder-suicide vibe from you right now." I mocked him as he still walked me down the pavement. I didn't recognise this place one bit.